ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Ask A Pastor

Notices

Old 06-29-15, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Default I'm afraid a lot

People are getting shot or getting missing. There are terrorists cutting people's heads off and threatening to do it here and INS says some of them are already here. People I thought were friends are hollering and threatening each other over the confederate flag, the rainbow flag and whether or not they have a job and where they were born. Is there going to be a war here. Will me my family go hungry with all the new diseases in our food? What is going to happen to me and to the people I love? Does God care?
Old 06-30-15, 01:27 AM

Yes God cares His word says "Fear not for I have redeemed thee I have called you by my name thou art mine" That is if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and invited him into your heart. He says to fear not He will protect you and your family. And even if there is a war He is greater than any war and He has the power to keep you from any harm. So put your trust in Him not circumstances. He will lead and guide you, give you wisdom, knowledge , and strength to endure anything that comes against you and your family. The Bible says that He will enable us to endure to the very end of the world. We will pray that God will put His shield of protection around you and your family and that no harm will come near your door. Pray and read His word and talk to Him and get to know Him and as you get to know Him you will learn to trust Him. Be obedient to His word. If you are not already involved in a local church find one you fit into. God bless you and your family.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 07-02-15, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to ilj These are times when anyone could be afraid. So much is happening and we hear so much more of it and TV and net seem to want to make things bigger badder and more sensational. There is a Bible verse that has helped me for a long time. It is John 16:33. Jesus told his disciple and told us "In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world." Another one is the last part of Matthew 28:20 where Jesus promises "lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." In Psalms it says God is our defense. Proverbs 18:10 says "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Have you run into that tower? You can do that by asking Jesus to be your Savior. If you have never given yourself to Him and received salvation today is a great time to do it. You know we have all done things that are not perfect, things that were just plain wrong. The Bible calls them sins and says they separate us from God and His protection. We can't fix them on our own. You know that already. Jesus came to do for us what we can't do for ourselves, make us free from sin and it's penalty. He died to take our punishment, everybody's punishment and He rose again to prove that God accepted His sacrifice for us and that His love for us and His righteousness is stronger than death. A lot of people sort of vaguely know this but they have never done anything about it so it doesn't do them an good. That is kind of like knowing someone gave you a new car and never driving it so it doesn't get you anywhere. Each of us has to receive forgiveness and salvation for ourselves. You have already taken the first step in saying you are afraid and can't fix it on your own. You may want to pray now something like "Jesus I am afraid of a lot of things. I need help. I know that the things I have done wrong make a wall between me and God's help. I know You died to take away that wall and make me free from sin. Please come into my heart and do that for me now. I want to belong to you and be safe." Or yo may need to learn more about Jesus and His love. A good place to do that is in the Bible especially John and Matthew. If you don't have a Bible handy or you like reading in line better here are the links http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible...=Jhn&c=1&t=KJV and http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible...=Mat&c=1&t=KJV

Please post back and let us know when you ask Jesus to be your Savior and please feel free to come back and ask more questions before or after that. God bless you.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com