ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 09-04-16, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Default Are these the days of Noe (Noah)? Why or why not?

Mat 24:38

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 09-04-16, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Of course - and it's getting darker. But one of my Favorite "contemporary songs" is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIa674GGCo

These are the days of Elijah, which concentrates on the BRIGHT SIDE of today's issues. The "MATURE CORPORATE MAN" of Ephesians 4 still doesn't seem to be on the Radar yet, though.

Given my age and health, I ASSUME that I'll watch the end of the age from the "Other side"
Old 09-05-16, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Love that song. The mature corporate man may have to be formed in fire
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 09-06-16, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post

What's interesting, though is the question of the "Sons of God" and the "Daughters of men" -

IF the human race had become "Adulterated" and was NO LONGER purely "Adamic" in nature, then The "Plan of salvation" might have been in jeopardy. Jesus was the "Second MAN" of the Adamic race - NOT of a "Mongrel race" springing from different "fathers". - In that case a "Ethnic cleansing" (such as the flood) to return the Human race to Adamic purity might have been the answer.

A question to ask later -

It's for sure that the folks of Noah's day were a sinful bunch, that didn't see it coming, and were convinced that Noah was a Lunatic.
Old 09-06-16, 06:00 PM

Sometimes it seems TV is a major escape. Sometimes it seems we want to escape more than we want to press forward. Our spirits want Jesus but habit etc. gets to rule too much. I remember when we prayed all night not to be religious but because we had no desire and maybe no ability to stop.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com