ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 08-25-11, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Smoke coming out my ears. Rant rant rant

J. is 8 and diagnosed as autistic. Very troubled family. Multi-generation troubled. I question the diagnosis but that is neither here nor there since I am qualified to evaluate and recommend but not to diagnose. She is about to be excluded from school IEP (individualized education plan or no) and sent to a facility for violently troubled non educable children. J. reads and writes well. She attended Caring Hands Ministries camp this summer and participated and cooperated in all activities with normal children and gave no trouble and had no tantrums. She fears a particular male teacher. There were allegations last year that a family member had sexually abused here (inappropriate touching not something provable by medical exam). Whatever she does not like males she does not know tho is OK with males she trusts especially if a trusted adult female is present. To frost this cake the school evaluation was based on info from her great aunt who is a friend of the evaluator and almost excludes her mom who is the custodial parent. Said great aunt has never had custody of this child. Granting the mom can be a royal pain but still and all. Prayers please for all concerned especially this little one.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 09-18-11, 11:06 AM
Cat with a sparkly crown!

what happened with the girl? Was she able to go to school?

Isaiah 53:5
Old 09-18-11, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Oh no. Lord, help, please.
Old 09-18-11, 05:57 PM
Administrator

She is being home schooled which pretty much = no schooled. *

That may change as a member of her extended family and I spent some tome yesterday w/ a family who have a child who is more seriously troubled. he is at a program next county over one I would not have recommended due to how it was last I knew about it. There have been changes and for that child it is one of the best things that ever happened to him.

* I am normally an advocate of home schooling but not in this case. Please don't interpret this as meaning I think all home school is no school. In this instance mother says she can not manage the child. The only extended family member who can manage her is not free to do so. She will read if she feels like it but at that age she needs some teaching too and some behavior management.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 09-20-11, 12:47 AM
Cat with a sparkly crown!

Thank you for the update.

Prayers will continue for this child.

Isaiah 53:5
Old 09-20-11, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Thank you

Tags
abuse, autism, children, disturbed, education, iep, individualized, law, plan, rant, schools