ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Old 01-30-18, 05:55 PM
ILJ Addict

Question Biblical Case for Abortion?

In the Law we are told the penalty for incest is death.

Part of the thinking of this is the genetic reasons which cause the baby to come out different.

In a case where a father rapes his 14 year old daughter, abortion must be an option.

This is why I am voting to decriminalise abortion in the upcoming referendum in Ireland.
Old 01-30-18, 10:35 PM
ILJ Addict

See also the possibility of prosecuting women for abortions re 'He without sin cast the first stone'.

MERCY not suffering.
ILJ Addict

Mercy
ILJ Addict

Forgiveness
Old 01-30-18, 10:36 PM
ILJ Addict

Love
Old 01-30-18, 10:39 PM
ILJ Addict

In mercy there is hope
Old 01-30-18, 10:40 PM
ILJ Addict

In mercy there is prayer
Old 01-30-18, 10:40 PM
ILJ Addict

In mercy there is love
Old 01-31-18, 06:07 PM
Administrator

There is no Biblical case for abortion. Quite the opposite Gods word makes it clear that the unborn baby in the womb is precious to Him and recognized by Him as a living person Jeremiah 1:5 - “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. “ Psalm 139:13 - “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.” The penalty for causing the death of an unborn baby is the same as for murdering a person who has already been born Exodus 21:22-23 The situation you mention is very bad and very sad but making the daughter a party to murdering her own child will not make it better. Abortion is not a thing from which a woman can just walk away unaffected There are serious biochemical changes similar but often more severe than when a woman miscarries. There are also serious psychological affects which often last for years as well as spiritual effects. A study published the September 1 issue of British Journal of Psychiatry says a woman who has had an abortion has an 81% greater risk of developing mental health problems, This is consistent with data from other studies over a more than 50 year period. Like many so called easy solutions the cure is worse than the problem. And then there is God's judgement if there is not repentance for the sin of murdering the unborn child.

You speak of love and honestly I can not understand how an abortion can be motivated by real love. People do not destroy what they love. But God does love those who have had abortions and those who performed them As with every sin there is cleansing and forgiveness in the blood of Jesus Christ
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 01-31-18, 10:41 PM
ILJ Addict

I don't want to argue with you, I'm not disagreeing with you.
Old 01-31-18, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Not arguing just stating
Thou shalt not kill is a big thing with God
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 01-31-18, 11:29 PM
ILJ Addict

I know. And yet in the Law, we kill.
Old 01-31-18, 11:37 PM
ILJ Addict

When I was high once on an overdose in a suicide attempt, I was ranting to my friend Yessica Marks about how I was going to destroy the Law and replace it with the Law of Love.

I had about 38 missed calls from her when I finally came to. She's a very good friend.
Old 02-03-18, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Glad u have a good friend

Old 02-03-18, 05:41 PM
Administrator

It is not hate or wrong to preserve life.
It is very wrong to condem a baby to death because of the wrong of a parent.