ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

Old 05-10-09, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Default Play day...... how long

The Lord is patient and longsuffering. His mercy is great. Yet there does come a time when the consequences of choices come. Sometimes they come in eternal ways.

Last year about this time (prom weekend) was one of those times. Some teens chose to drink heavily. Someone over 21 chose to buy the liquor. One boy died instantly, another was in a coma. The next week another of that same group of teens were supplied by those same adults and another boy died. All these kids had heard the gospel. One was going to a strong church regularly. But he is just as dead as if he had never heard. A few months back B (a teen we love a lot) tried to share Jesus with some friends of hers. One of the guys told her he didn't want any part of her [cuss word] Jesus and gunned his car out of there. 4 other teens were with him. 3 asked to get out if the car and he did stop and let them out before rocketing on down the road. Less than 15 min later he wrecked and the guy with him was killed. They said he was decapitated. The guy who didn't want Jesus had to be cut out of the car before he was lifeflighted. It's not just about teens drinking and/or driving and I'm not trying to scare anybody into anything. If it comes that way it usually isn't real. The truth is that for every one of us earth time could end at any time and the choices and decisions we have made would be set for all eternity.

What has me thinking so much about this is not just that prom weekend is here again and I'm praying for B and all her friends. It's the consequences I see happening to people who have said they know the Lord but do not choose to live His way. This may bother someone but if God calls it wrong then it is wrong - wrong aka sin - and sin that is not repented of and covered by the blood of Jesus separates us from God. That's not my being judgmental it's what the Bible says and if we love God the Bible is our standard. My heart is breaking for a lady that lives not far from here who is literally being eaten alive by anger hate and bitterness. That is not a figurative statement. She has an ailment that is rapidly eating away the skin and tissues of her body. She knows the word of God about forgiving to receive forgiveness and can preach the connection between forgiveness and healing to others at a moment's notice but says it does not apply to her and the objects of her anger. Statistically the ailment she has is often fatal and if one dies with a heart full of hate and bitterness Jesus said one will die without God's forgiveness which means one will go to hell. Another guy who has said he is a preacher is living with a woman he can't marry because he is still married to his children's mother. In GA there is no fault divorce with a $99 price tag. All either person has to do is file papers saying the marriage is "irretrieably broken" and divorce automtically becomes final in 30 days. I'm not advocating for divorces but neither do I think for one half a nanosecond that God is pleased with someone behaving that way and setting themself up as representing Jesus. He was where we were this weekend and the physical deteriorition in him is sad to see and yet he still seems not to see any wrong in what he does. In both cases I have prayed for years for God's mercy for them but there is an ominious sense that the time is running out.

Galatianls 6:7 & 8 warn " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. " I can't afford to play with God's word or His judgment. None of us can. I pray we will not try.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 05-10-09, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Just so you know I am not saying that every sickness or death comes from sin and disobedience. I am saying sin and disobedience and mocking God and His word without repenting have consequences.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 05-11-09, 01:30 PM
Forgiven and Free

Amen.

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther

Tags
adultery, bitterness, consequences, divorce, drinking, driving, forgive, god, hate, judgment, mock, necrotizing, sickness, sin, teens