ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Ministry > Prayer Requests and Praises

Old 08-10-15, 04:48 PM
ILJ Addict

Default Chuck discharged!

Chuck is discharged! He had an infection in the lungs and his breathing is a bit messed up so he'll need oxygen and other meds.

Our prayer is he'll only need the oxygen until this stuff clears up
Old 08-10-15, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Smile

Thank You Jesus!!!!!!

Please continue Your work of healing and make this infection gone completely. Thank You.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-10-15, 05:34 PM
ILJ Addict

now learning how to use the oxygen is the key. Thanks Jesus for a smooth learning curve for a short time. :.)
Old 08-10-15, 10:09 PM
ILJ Addict

I need prayer for strength; I've had to live without him for 4 days, now he's back home and I don't want to see him revert to old habits...
Old 08-11-15, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Father please help Chuck know and really believe and understand that the Oxygen is his friend and helper not an inconvenient intrusion on his life. Please give Jan strength and wisdom and Your peace so she can help him and can know when to push and when ti let him learn for himself. PLease minister to Ashley too in Jesus name. Thank You.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 08-11-15, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Jan I can understand a little from Charles experience and my experience with his experience. Not sure if you were at ilj in '03 when he was clinically dead a while it was scarey but God was there and made the difference. There is such a sense of pressure to manage him and his medical situation. I'm guessing that you may feel that too. And you may have to do some of that but as much as possible let it come from his Dr and better yet from within himself so it is part of him is something he does for him. All that he can possibly do let him do. And once in a while ask him to do something for you...a little thing maybe bringing a bottle of water wile he is going to the frig anyway, rubbing your foot if it hurts, so you are taking care of each other vs your moving from wife to caretaker. If possible include Ashley in some of the patient education so she feels part of things and can ask questions. It is really scary to have a parent "go down" unexpectedly and being part of helping him get up and steady again has huge healing n it if she will and if not then help her handle it her way. Everyone's situation is way different but I hope this may help a little bit. God bless you all.

Last edited by Ann; 08-12-15 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-11-15, 02:38 PM
ILJ Addict

thanks Ann for your kind words. I've been a responsible person all my life and yes there has to be a balance between managing him and letting him do things himself.
Thanks for showing me that oxygen is a friend, b/c I did feel like it was an intrusion. Like the Holy Spirit breathing in on Him too.
Old 08-11-15, 05:12 PM
ILJ Addict

pls pray for his work situation. If necessary (because the oxygen) pls pray that they can find another workplace for him. They do that for soldiers getting a medical discharge or some other reason.
Old 08-12-15, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Father please manage the work situation and show the people responsible for assigning responsibilities the right things to do and the right way to do them. Please give them and Chuck both a positive attitude. Thank You and Thank You for helping Chuck get better every day.

If any question about accommodating the oxygen refer to Americans with Disabilities act. Also is there anything in the work envioronment that culd have made his lungs more vulnerable?

How is Ashley doing through all this?

Last edited by Ann; 08-12-15 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-13-15, 08:46 PM
Administrator

How is it going Jan?

Old 08-14-15, 09:56 AM
ILJ Addict

Agreeing in prayer.
Old 08-14-15, 10:21 PM
ILJ Addict

He's doing some errands, cleaning, he's pretty chipper. He was d/c Monday and has been off the rest of the week and today he got 2 visitors and received a signed card with $20 and a plaque.

Today was hard for me to go to work though, I really need to believe for a way for my job to change, the phones ringing and people talking all day long is hard for me to take.
Old 08-15-15, 05:44 AM
Administrator

It's really hard the first time you have to go and leave him for any length of time.

Tags
adjusting, discharged, emergency, family, hospial, husband, icu, lungs, oxygen, parent, prayer, recovery, spouse, teen, wife, work accomodation