ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

Old 03-15-11, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Ultimate Reconciliation is what got George MacDonald kicked out of the church.
Old 03-15-11, 06:49 PM

Pastor's Book Questions Existence of Hell in Afterlife
Rob Bell's Book Appears Set to Cause Controversy Among Evangelical Christians

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/pastors-bo...ry?id=13128710

I remember him now. He is emergent.
Old 03-15-11, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Father please have mercy on this man and show him Your truth in a way he will receive it. Please protect people from his influence in Jesus' name. Thank You.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-15-11, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Amen.

He's right it's not something new. But it's a logical fallacy to assume that because something is not new that it is okay.
Old 03-15-11, 09:00 PM
888-NeedHim

After I watched that interview I posted felt like someone sucked my brain out with a vacuum than placed them in a blender and poured it back into my head. What ever happened to just giving a straight forward answer. He did however admit to being a universalist(sp)
Old 03-15-11, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Nice word picture there, Don. I suspect, though, that his brain is the one that is scrambled.
Old 03-16-11, 01:31 AM

Don, he is a pastor and went to Wheaton so the challenge is there.

Rob Bell: what SBC leaders are saying

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=34844

I saw or read that Justin Taylor is a critic so I decided to find his blog:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/...-universalist/

Here is the home page:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/

A tract put together by the Gospel Coalition:

Quote:
God Is Still Holy and What
You Learned in Sunday
School Is Still True:

A Review of
Love Wins by Rob Bell
By Kevin DeYoung
http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/...WinsReview.pdf

I would hope this is enough information to put the book to rest but the reality is they probably won't give up, they will try to put new life into an old error and he will come back again.
Old 03-16-11, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Default I really appreciate you all who have posted here

You have done an amazingly wonderful job of calling it what it is in direct but polite terms and taken no potshots at anyone even the lamented author. Thank you each and all for proving this can happen and it can even happen here. Of course the fact that all who have posted agree helps but even so this has been remarkably direct and remarkably civil at the same time.

ultimate reconciliation does not go away. It may hide out somewhere but it comes back often under another name but with the same result. It has another name among pagans but shows up there too. It happens to be a personal grief issue of mine bec I believe it destroyed some people I cared very much about who were very kind to me when I came back to the Lord some 40+ yrs ago. I understood that they could not cope with the thought that someone they loved who had made no profession for Christ before they died would be in hell. In the natural I could have agreed with them because there were people I loved a lot who did not come to Jesus but all it ever did for me was make my stomach sick and make me very afraid for them. God had made it very clear to me that there was a choice that must be made and His word is unchanging.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 04-02-11, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Rob Bell Answers So, what do you make of this?
Old 04-02-11, 10:20 PM
Administrator

maybe it is good my computer sound is off maybe it is not good but anyway it is off

Old 04-03-11, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Evidently, he does believe in hell. And, he believes people will go there if they choose to reject God. It's a very short sound bite, but clearly stated.
Old 04-03-11, 01:10 PM
Administrator

long term or short term? There are some ultimate reconciliationists who believe hell is for purging evil so the person can then be reconciled to God and be in heaven

Old 04-03-11, 01:47 PM
Administrator

It was a 30-second clip. I will dig deeper. Probably going to get the book because this stuff of second hand rants from certain quarters on the 'net isn't working for me.
Old 04-03-11, 07:00 PM
888-NeedHim

The question about why did Jesus die he totally missed on. I wonder if he knows the gospel is.
Old 04-04-11, 07:30 AM
Administrator

btw- just fyi, I was not referring to you, Don, in the above post, but rather some bloggers I have read.

Tags
blaise pascal, blood, church finances, hell, jesus, keith chen, money, religion, rob bell, salvation, ultimate reconciliation