ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 08-18-06, 02:45 AM
888-NeedHim

Default GNN Glory Story

This is from an Evangelism Boot Camp that GNN sponsor this one in Atlanta GA.

Quote:
Saturday, March 18, 2006
That evening there was a group of us standing on one of the street corners doing some OA preaching and passing our tracts to the people that passed by. Tony D. (my husband) stood up to OA but was only up there for a few minutes. He said that God just told him that he needed to step down. A few minutes passed by and Tony said “I’m going to go get a milk shake at McDonalds”. So we went to the corner diagonal to the one we were at to McDonald’s. Tony ran into 2 young guys and began speaking with them about eternity. I was standing off to the side when this guy walks towards me and asks “Can I have one of those?” In my hand were one of the most thorough gospel tracts – Are you good enough to go to Heaven? I said “Yeah, they’re actually doing some open air preaching over there if you would like to go listen”. He just stood there shaking his head. Looking at him he seemed to be a pretty humble guy with a lot on his mind. God told me that this was my job – so I began to carry him through the Law. He admitted to being a lying, thieving, adulterous, murderer at heart. When I asked him about hatred he said this full of sorrow “Yeah, I actually have hatred toward my family.” I explained to him that God sees that hatred the same as murder and that he is actually killing them in his heart. He said he would be guilty on Judgment Day and end up in Hell. I took him through the court room analogy: “Let’s say you’ve broken 10 earthly laws. You stole a car, pushed some drugs, and a few other things. Now you’re standing before the judge. All the evidence has been laid out; you know you’re guilty and the judge knows you’re guilty. The judge asks if you have any final words. You look at him and plead Judge, judge. Please let me go. I am so sorry. I promise I’ll never to it again. Please. I promise I’ll do lots of good things to make up for it. Please. Can the judge just let you off the hook because you’re sorry?” He said no. I explained that it is the same way with God – we broke his Law and we all deserve to go to Hell. I asked him if he had any clue what God did for us so that we wouldn’t have to go to hell. He said “God sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins”. “That’s exactly right. Let’s say your back in the court room. The judge places a $100,000 fine on you and let’s say that you can’t pay it. So you are now being unwillingly led out of the court room. You’ve got hand cuffs on and you’re going to be put in prison for a very long time. You’re looking back at the judge begging him to give you mercy. Judge, judge, please let me go. Please. When all of a sudden some guy runs into the courtroom; you look at him and are like who in the world is that guy? The guy runs up to the judge with a handful of money. What is your name?” “Anthony *****” “Okay Anthony, the guy runs up to the judge and says judge, judge. I love Anthony like a brother. I sold everything that I had and raised the money. Here is the hundred thousand dollars. The judge looks at you Anthony and says Son, you can go free, not because you’re sorry, and not because you’ve done good things, but because your fine has been paid. Anthony that is what Jesus Christ did for us 2000 years ago on the cross. He hung there and took on all men’s sin. All the lies, thefts, and bad thoughts. That’s the Good News of the Gospel. You see, by me showing you that you are not a good person in the sight of God makes this news so much more amazing.” His eyes were swelled with tears. I asked him “Anthony, what would prevent you from surrendering your life to Christ?” He said “Nothing, nothing at all. I want to do it now.” He cried out to God with such urgency and sorrow. I can’t explain it. It was awesome. When he was through, I prayed for him. At that moment a huge sweeper thing for the road pulled up and parked there, making all kinds of noise, so we went inside the McDonalds to talk some more.

When seated he began to tell me what the past 2 days of his life had been like. Weeping, he said that he and his wife separated 2 days before and she moved to Mississippi to be with her family. For the past 2 days he did drugs with one of his truck driver buddies and attempted suicide 2 separate times. He said he actually prayed to God this “God, please remove your mercy and grace from me and just let me die and go to hell.” Anthony’s heart was so broken. I began to take him through the Save Yourself Some Pain booklet. We made it to the third point – evangelism. I told him the firefighter analogy. “Anthony, as Christians we know that there is a hell and we know that there is a coming Judgment Day. We must pull these people out of the fire.” I gave him 100 tracts and explained to him how to effectively share his faith. He was sucking it all in. Another seedsower, Tony B. joined our table and offered to get Anthony something to eat. Anthony was so humbled. Tony B. stayed at our table and gave him some words of encouragement. Shortly after, my husband, Tony D., came into McDonald’s and gave Anthony a NT Evidence Bible. In the inside cover I wrote the time and date of Anthony Carter’s second birth. 11:20 pm He was born again. Several other seedsowers came into McDonalds and were introduced to their new brother in Christ. Everybody signed the inside of his Bible and wrote words of encouragement in there. David Bird did the following analogy with him: “Anthony, look into my eyes.” They stared at each other for several seconds, and then Bird pulled out a fresh five dollar bill. “How much is this worth?” “$5” He crumbled it up. “How much is it worth now?” “$5” He wrote on it. “How much is it worth now?” “$5” He laid the bill on the ground and stomped on it. “How much is it worth now?” “$5”, and then he tore rips around the entire bill. “How much is it worth now?” “$5”. “Anthony, God created you in His image. And looking into your eyes I can tell that you think you are worthless and have no value. But the truth is you do have value in the sight of God. This world will stomp on you and tear you apart, but in the sight of God you have value.” Bird gave him that balled up, scrawny looking, $5 bill. Then he asked for it back and pulled out a new $5 bill and put them side by side. “This is the old creature, this is the new creature. This is the old Anthony, this is the new Anthony.” Anthony was bawling and made the comment to me “I’m sorry, I know I’m not supposed to cry around girls.” I said it was okay. Bird and Shane bought Anthony 2 gift cards to McDonald’s that he could use for food. He was so grateful. He asked us if we were having church anywhere tomorrow. So we told him about the worship service at the hotel that we were having at 9am and said that he was more than welcome to join us. After many more tears and prayers, we left Anthony in the McDonald’s at 2am, and headed back to the hotel.

Sunday March 19, 2006
The next morning Anthony walks into the worship service and is embraced by about 75 other brothers and sisters. He sat beside me through the worship service and the graduation ceremony. He leaned over to me and asked if he could say a few words at the end. I told him that would be fine. So I got Darrel’s attention and said “Anthony would like to say something to the group.”
This is what Anthony said word for word with so much emotion and lots of tears:

"First I need to give thanks to God, Jesus Christ my savior. I’d just like to thank God for you guys, coming from different places to minister to the lost, like I was. On Wednesday, when I was at church, my prayer that I prayed that God would take my life. Friday, me and my wife separated. I just got out of prison and over the last two days I tried to kill myself by doing drugs. I’m a truck driver and me and another truck driver spent two days constantly doing drugs. We had to go to TN to take a load. Come to find out that he’d been a-walled from this company for 5 days. And when he went to put fuel in the truck they arrested him. But they let me go. And last night when I was walking on Peachtree Street, I noticed how you all were out evangelizing. And as I was walking by McDonalds, I passed by this young lady. And as I passed by I could hear God saying “REPENT”. I turned around and I said “Can I have one of them?” And she said “Yeah.” She started to witness to me and I rededicated my life back to Christ. Because in 1992, when my daughter passed away, it was prophesied that I was to be an evangelist, as well. And I’ve been running from my calling for a long time. And God confirmed it, because last night she gave me all this stuff (tracts) and said “Here, pass them out.” And some guy, the guy who gave me the gift cards, he said “You like McDonalds” I said “Yeah, okay.” But majority of the gift cards I’ve been using to feed people just like me. But I just wanted to say I thank God for you all, and for what you all are doing here in Atlanta. You all keep me and my wife in prayer, because when I was talking with this sister, I could see my wife in her. You know, once I leave here, I’m going to check into a rehabilitation center. Hopefully they’ll take me today. It is a Christian rehabilitation center. But if they don’t I was told this morning that God delivered me from everything I’ve been doing. And hopefully from this moment, this experience, that I can leave here to witness, to be a vessel, and to complete my calling as an evangelist. You know, I feel like Jonah. But most of all, I feel more like Lazarus.”

Everyone gathered around him to pray. “He cried out to you to take his life Lord. And you surely did. Maybe not the way he wanted you to take his life Lord. But you took his life and gave him a new heart with new hope Lord.” It was amazing. At the end everyone was handing him money, Marta coins, Gospel tracts, books, and CD’s. We gave him a book bag to keep all of his stuff in. He was so humble and grateful. This is evangelism – love in action. He was given contact information for the local leaders in GA and had many, many words of encouragement from several of the other seedsowers. Like I said in the beginning, it is hard to put this into words. It was just so awesome and I give God all the glory!!! Praise the Lord!

Also, Anthony gave me all of his contact information. His e-mail address just left me speechless. It is wolrministry….. which stands for “Word of Life Restoration Ministry”. He and his wife had this ministry together, and Anthony wasn’t even saved. But I tell you what – he has certainly been restored. I can’t stop crying. I don’t know why God chose me to be that vessel – I’m not worthy. It was INCREDIBLE! Please keep Anthony and Tiffany (his wife) in prayer. From what I heard, it sounds like Tiffany is a great lady of God and I pray that God will give her understanding and a forgiving heart and assurance of Anthony’s second birth!
update
Quote:
Anthony called us Wednesday (4/26) and he is doing great! He moved to the Salvation Army Rehab Center and he says it is a LOT nicer than the Atlanta Union Mission home and they have more spirituality classes. He seems to be enjoying it. He will be at that location for the next 10 months. They have a church on site that he goes to. And his pastor also comes to pick him up and carries him to his home church. June 4th, Anthony will be preaching his first sermon at his home church and recieving his minister's liscense. He is excited. Tony asked him if he knew what he was going to preach on yet, and he said "Oh yeah, I've known for about 12 year now. I've just been running from it." Cheesy God is so AWESOME! His wife and some other family will be traveling down to GA to see him. Lord willing, Tony & I will be going as well

Last edited by Don Disney; 08-18-06 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-18-06, 08:40 AM
Administrator

\/ Wonderful. Father please keep Anthony growing and help him share Christ as naturally as he breathes and as willingly. Thank You for him, for the folks You sent to share with him and for bringing him home to Jesus. Please touch his wife and guide her in Your perfect wy and will also. Thank You.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 01-17-07, 09:54 AM

What an amazing story. This is what Jesus meant about blessed are the weak. And what an amazing God we have Who refused to let Anthony go to hell but put those witnesses in his path.

As John Fisher, associate pastor at Saddleback Church wrote concerning witnessing in a postmodern age: "The key (to effective witnessing) is to develop an open discourse with an atmosphere of dignity, acceptance and worth. We won't be able to do this until we truly trust in the role God plays in the process. We need to remember that God, as always, is perfectly capable of taking care of the consequences of a person's decision, whether it is in line with our beliefs or not. This is where our responsibility ends and God's responsibility continues."

Understanding our roles vs God's role leaves us free to offer information without fear of giving up ground or watering down the truth. We aren't trying to get someone to agree with us but facilitators of change.
Old 01-17-07, 12:46 PM
Administrator

amen Larry
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Tags
humility, jesus, love, salvation, witnessing