ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

Old 06-26-09, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Default Michael Jackson

My sympathy goes out to the children who lost their father and to others who miss him and grieve. However some of what is in the news seems a bit ridiculous. Over and over I hear this called a shocking death. Why? Why would it be shocking that someone using a heavy mix of hard drugs (prescribed or otherwise) would die at a relatively early age? Why would the same media that told of visits to clinics and how badly sick he looked be shocked that he died? Why would those who reported that he expected to die before 40 be shocked that he died at 50+" Is there no understanding that actions have consequences?

Whatever one's feelings about the main one thing we can all recognize if we will from Michael Jackson's death is the truth of "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" ( Hebrews 9:27) Media people were saying well now it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do now there can be no suits, no court cases, no consequences. On earth that may be true but there are great eternal consequences and no escape if a person chooses not to accept Jesus Christ as their Savor. The fact is that God does not send anyone to hell. That is our own choice. It is also our own choice to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as our own Savior and be with Him eternally instead of being in hell. I certainly am not his eternal judge but there is no evidence I've heard that Michael Jackson made the choice not to go to hell. Now he is experiencing the consequences of his choice, We can not help him now. He's gone but we're still here. We still have time to make sure our own choices and time to share the importance of that choice with everyone we can.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 06-26-09, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Good thoughts, Ann. I was thinking of posting something about MJ, but couldn't decide where to put the post. He certainly gave evidence that he was unhappy, and looking in so many wrong places to find...what? Peace? He'd make a good poster child for not putting the pressure of show business on such a young child.

People who are young adults now grew up with MJ--it's hit some of them very hard.

Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-26-09, 09:00 PM

I'm really confused by this post, to be honest. None of us can judge him or his life or anything he did or did not do. "I certainly am not his eternal judge but..." I don't know, there is no "but" in it for me. Only God can judge him now, if you so believe. What I can take from Michael Jackson and his life is only his uplifting music, which much of it was, and nothing concerning his personal life or where he is now. That I leave to God, or whoever. I don't know. I found this post really confusing and upsetting, to be honest. I understand your message, I just think using someone (anyone) as an example, nevermind someone so profoundly important to so many people, and at such a delicate time, is just a wee bit too harsh. Especially as I believe for sure that we simply cannot judge him, his lifestyle, his relationship with God or anything at all. Personally, I don't think I can learn anything about hell and choices and accepting Jesus from Michael Jackson. He gave the world his music, I'd rather judge him on those talents (which, I might add, I did appreciate very much!).

Apologies if I misunderstood your post or anything, though.
Old 06-27-09, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Hello Amy, it's good to see you in the boards again.

I do not see a great difference between saying I don't see evidence that Michael Jackson made a decision for Christ than if I said I don't see evidence someone can swim, meaning I have never seen them swim, they have never said they can swim, or talked about swimming in any positive way, no one has ever reported seeing them swim. I am not saying for sure they can't swim just that I see no evidence that they can. It is because Michael Jackson is so important to people that I used the fact that none of us know for sure what his eternal destination was to point out how important it is for us to make a choice (because not to decide for something is to decide against it) and to share the importance of making that choice with others. In past IMs you and I have talked about how important that decision is. You know that as a Christian I believe that only by trusting the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior can anyone spend eternity with Him and not in hell. Hell is a place I do not want to go and don't want anyone else to go so if I can help someone not to go there it is important to me to do that. I hope one day soon you will make that decision for yourself.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 06-27-09, 11:30 AM

I understand. I understand why it's so important for you to share the importance of making that decision and that's ok

It's just a personal thing then, perhaps, that I would refrain from commenting on someone else (someone widely recognised or not), simply because I know that I don't know any or all of the details and would feel myself being too judgemental for doing so. Maybe there is very little difference between saying you don't see any evidence that someone has made a decision for Christ and saying you don't see any evidence that someone can swim, but when it comes to an eternal destination for someone who has passed away, I would just not comment. I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not I've made that decision myself, but it's just my own personal conviction, which is perhaps why I find the original post to be confusing or upsetting. I hope that makes sense.
Old 06-27-09, 11:43 AM
Administrator

I received a text msg from Cheri this AM saying her sis in law heard that someone from the singing group Mary Mary said a friend of theirs helped Michael Jackson to come to Jesus a few weeks ago. She does not yet have a site ref or a place we can read about it and she does not yet know whether her sis in law heard the person say it or heard that someone heard that someone heard so if you know anything on this please post it here. Thanks. I hope this is a true report and that he is with Jesus. It matters so very much where a person is eternally.

Old 06-27-09, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Smile Here's the link to Mary Mary facebook page saying that

http://www.facebook.com/MaryMary

Old 06-28-09, 07:34 PM

the only thing I want to add is that. Love yourself as God has made you to be. Another word don't change how God made us to be. I admit I do have trouble myself with this as I think we all do. I am pointing this out of course as Michael Jackson tried to change himself through surgry and stuff like that, I don't have any proof or anything just my persnal opinion, but wouldn't be surpised if it played a part of his passing.

But again the Lord has already made us perfect no reason to change ourselves more so in the likeness of this world of sin. Close the eyes of the flesh, and put on the shades of faith in Christ and see the painting on the canvas is you and me with Jesus Christ as the name of the artist.
Old 09-04-09, 08:57 PM
Im HIS lambiekins

I was sad that he died and was worried if he knew jesus as I do when any one dies.
Old 09-05-09, 06:38 PM
Forgiven and Free

If I recall this story correctly,MJ was with Andre' and Sandra Crouch(Andre' being well known in the gospel music world) and had asked them to sing(don't remember the song posted on Mary Mary's Facebook page) and afterward he had prayed with them to receive Christ as Savior.

If this story is false,it's a very cruel hoax,as we will ALL stand before God one day,whether we choose to believe in our Lord Jesus or not. If it's true then MJ is the "King of Pop" in the presence of the King of Kings,and has been made clean,free,and forgiven forevermore.

Hopefully,Michael Jackson made the right choice. God knows.

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 09-07-09, 09:50 AM
Administrator

I did hear that it was an urban legend.
Old 09-07-09, 11:45 AM
Im HIS lambiekins

Well I would rather believe he knew jesus. Im getting old. My childhood is disapearing. The local amusement park is gone. They want to tear down the astrodome. Ike destroyed a lot of childhood memories. Sigh.
Old 09-07-09, 12:30 PM
Administrator

It's possible. I hope so.

Did Michael Jackson accept Jesus as Lord

Did Michael Jackson become a Christian right before he died
Old 09-07-09, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Perhaps the only ones who know for sure are Michael, God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), and the devil.

Tags
christ, death, decision, eternity, hell, jesus, michael jackson, music, salvation