ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

Notices

Old 03-15-17, 02:02 PM

Thumbs up One of my favorites

Don Francisco He's Alive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPBVwOCYmM

When I was first saved I went to a fellowship in the Atlanta Area. Don went there too and at the time was not much older in the Lord than I was. He lived it as well as sang it, not without troubles but real.

Dolly Parton did a cover of this one that is now probably better known than any of the originals
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-16-17, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Celtic Praise is a favorite of mine that and traditional Appalachian music. What music reaches you most?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-19-17, 12:32 PM

Smile

I like so many different kinds It's a combination of the message and the music There is a preteen by at church who often sings I Wanna Love You More Definitely a "kids song" or is it? He had The Missionary Church International regional meeting in tears with it a few years ago, Give a listen nd tell me what you thing,
Old 04-14-17, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don Francisco He's Alive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPBVwOCYmM

When I was first saved I went to a fellowship in the Atlanta Area. Don went there too and at the time was not much older in the Lord than I was. He lived it as well as sang it, not without troubles but real.

Dolly Parton did a cover of this one that is now probably better known than any of the originals
Back when I had a band, I heard the Issacs do this one, and decided that we'd add it to the sets. I first thought it was a nice "heaven song", but then realized that the "Land of Beaulah" in this context is where Bunyan's "Christian" and "Faithful" enter into the place of rest after traversing the threats and challenges of the way - Victory IN LIFE, as it were, BEFORE they cross the river of physical death into the Celestial City. Wesleyans would call it "Entire Sanctification". WE recorded this at Grace AG using the church sound system about 17 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7GMH46SV78

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 04-14-17 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-14-17, 11:26 PM
Administrator

I like your song.
Paul writes in Hebrews 4 of entering into rest as state God desires the believer to live in in the here and now not just after death. Sometimes we miss that point especially the peace and rest in the midst of the storm.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 04-16-17, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Bob, your posts got me thinking about something, may be old idea to everyone else but I hadn't thought of it before. 3 days: Friday the day Jesus was crucified Sunday the day He rose. And the day in the middle the day that may have seemed so dark and hopeless the Sabbath. Sabbath the "Beaulah Land day the day of resting in God's finished work. What a picture. What a choice. Total dark hopeless despair or resting in the Lord expecting His victory. Thank you for starting me thinking this way.