ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 08-26-16, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
why wasn't I able to move the mountain?
Because God didn't intend for the mountain to move, and never told you that he intended have YOU speak the Word of Faith that would get it done.

Consequently, YOU HAD NO FAITH that the mountain would move. God hadn't clued you in that He'd move it when you told it to go. Simple as that.

Quote:
Why would it be God's will for me to move the mountain?
Since He didn't give you the power to do it, obviously it WASN"T his will the the mountain be moved.

Quote:
I have opened up to people about my Faith to try and spread the word. A lot of people just don't react well. It's not a strong gift I have - I may have others?
Faith gets trickey. But the bottom line is that either you HAVE FAITH for something (because God TOLD YOU what He was going to do) or you don't.

Shadrach didn't have SPECIFIC FAITH that they were gonna survive the furnace (he was probably more surprised than the king was), but he DID have FAITH that God to do the right thing by him and the others.

Peter had SPECIFIC FAITH that when he picked up the cripple, he'd be healed and walk.

Faith Comes by HEARING, and hearing by the Word of God. ONE aspect of that is "Conviction of SIN" - without which you can't be saved.
Old 08-26-16, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
ilj tradition is that the person who answers well gets to post the next question if u want.
Roger Wilco -
Old 09-01-16, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
Is there a link between:

If you have faith as big as a mustard seed you can tell a mountain to move into an ocean
And the "Mustard seed" is YOU believing God's Word to YOU.

Quote:
And

The parable of the mustard seed, the smallest seed, growing into the biggest tree?
I don't believe so - a "Mustard seed DOESN'T grow into a great tree, and "Birds" are generally signs of EVIL presence. So the parable appears to be saying that "something unnatural will be happening" - i.e. the Mustard seed IS NOT PRODUCING what it should produce (Committed Christians, focused on the Lord, and his work), but instead produced "Vast religious organizations" full of Corruption, and "business ethics", providing a home for evil.

Quote:
I can't get a mountain to move into an ocean (yes I've tried).
Which is because you never had FAITH to move the mountain. FAITH is invariably a GIFT, and the Galatian issue is present: "THe one who does MIRACLES among you - does he do it by the "Works of the law, OR BY THE HEARING of FAITH"???

FAITH comes by HEARING, and Hearing by the Word of God (which is anything GOD SAYS to you).

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 09-01-16 at 02:36 AM.