ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 05-05-16, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Default what scripture helps you most?

what scripture helps you most?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 05-05-16, 08:04 PM
ILJ Addict

Don't really have a specific one. I find if I start reading any of the 4 Gospels though it cheers me up because it's literally Good News. Same for Acts really. The other day I just wanted to check something early on in Acts and found I ended up reading all the rest of it.
Old 05-20-16, 10:44 AM
ILJ Addict

What about you, Ann?
Old 09-07-16, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
what scripture helps you most?
In terms of PERSONAL value - the passages starting with Peter's Proclamation that HE'D DIE for Jesus!!!! Jhn 13:
37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.
38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The Rooster shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

The ISSUE is "Inside", and "Outside" truth.

Pete really BELIEVED his brave proclamation, but Jesus KNEW that it was nothing but "Outside truth", and had NO SUBSTANCE. And he was preparing Peter to know the same thing shortly.

And then the terrible day, Peter runs from a servant girl in fear, and the Rooster Crows.

Then John 21 - and Jesus puts the question to Peter "Lovest thou me (agape)"

And Pete answers NOT with "Agape", but with "Phileo" - essentially: "Not really, but I AM Fond of you, Lord".

Peter has LEARNED where he REALLY IS - what the "INSIDE TRUTH" of his condition. No more "Brave, but meaningless Proclamations" - just harsh reality.

And Jesus says "Feed my sheep" - provide ministry to my people.

The Jesus asks "Agape"?, again, and Pete answers "Phileo" - Feed my Lambs

BUt the THIRD TIME - Jesus asks "Phileo"? and Peter is proken - "you KNOW MY HEART - "Phileo" is where I am.

"Feed my Sheep".

The implication appears to be that if Pete is going to get from Phileo to Agape as his "inside Truth" - Ministering to others is the path that'll get him (and by extention us also) there. SO Ministry to others is beneficial to the ones ministered to, and ALSO to those who DO minister.

And Jesus asks ME - "Agape"?? But "Phileo" is all that's there -

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 09-07-16 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-07-16, 12:42 PM
Administrator

For so many of us Bob for agape begins and ends in Christ
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 09-07-16, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Paulo day to day keeping me going Matthew 5:44 less them that curse you which is a plain matter of survival and one you hear me reference a lot. Isaiah 43 1-3 on e of the many fear not.

Old 09-07-16, 07:59 PM
ILJ Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Paulo day to day keeping me going Matthew 5:44 less them that curse you which is a plain matter of survival and one you hear me reference a lot. Isaiah 43 1-3 on e of the many fear not.
Yeah I know, Ann. Don't forget to breathe deeply when dealing with difficult people, can help a lot.
Old 09-07-16, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Ty

Old 09-07-16, 10:22 PM
ILJ Addict

reading poetry can also help calm the mind. there are lots of great free resources online!