ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

Notices

Old 07-03-02, 01:25 AM

I am dorfsmith. I came to your message board after the one I was at fizzled out. Today is my first day here but I'm sure you'll see me a lot in the future. I also post on the Daniel Amos board and www.ccmusic.org usually in the Christian Alternative section. My favorite bands are Daniel Amos, LSU, The Choir, The 77's, Dead Artist Syndrome, Starflyer 59 and Poor Old LU. I used to publish a newsletter on underground Christian Music but now I just post my ideas on message boards. Thanks for the chance to be a part of this board!
Old 07-12-02, 11:55 AM
itinerant.

Poor Old Lu = cool

They rocked at C-stone

Blessed are the poor... those who mourn... the meek...
those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... the merciful... the pure in heart...
the peacemakers... those those are persecuted because of righteousness...

God bless America?
Old 07-13-02, 12:11 AM

Hi i'm veronica, i'm 19 and live in southern california. i go to citrus college in glendora, california. last year (and hopefully after this semester) i went to azusa pacific university in azusa, cali. i'm majoring in journalism and minoring in English and possibly Spanish or leadership studies.
my fave band is POD but other than that my music styles vary except that i don't like twangy country or mellow "michael bolton" style songs.
I've hit the ceiling.
Old 07-13-02, 01:34 AM
boviquarium

well hey there vero
Christianity is not, at its base, a cultural movement. It is not a "trend" or a "genre" or a "clique"; rather, it is a belief system. Those who claim the title "Christian" are (whether they realize it or not) saying they believe in the person of Jesus Christ, they place their faith in his teachings and his life, death, and resurrection as described in the Bible. They are NOT saying, with the simple words "I am a Christian," that they shop at Lifeway or vote Republican or listen to Amy Grant.
-foxhole
Old 07-13-02, 01:41 AM

well would you look at that, it's lindsey! (waves) HI LIIIINNNDSEEEEY!
I've hit the ceiling.
Old 07-25-02, 12:50 PM
Don't call me Shirley!

I'm Sebastian. Wait a second...No, I'm not. I'm Nick. There we go. I'm 19 and I live in Yadkinville, NC. I go to Lenoir-Rhyne College and I'm majoring in Computer Aided Graphics Design. I'm in a a Christian rapcore band called Subtotal. Click on the links at the bottom for more information on us. Umm...I guess that's it. If you wanna know more about me, I'd be glad to tell ya. Just ask.
Old 07-26-02, 06:44 PM

i'm 17. i'm a girl. my name's katie. i live in arkansas. i'm a christian. i got saved 2 1/2 years ago. well, kind of. i have no musical abilities. though i had planned on sound engineering being my career for a few years, until i got more serious about my faith, and God called me to other things. i play no instruments or anything like that. um...i'm very interested in theology and learning and things like that. i'm going to be a senior in high school this year. i'm going to go to oral roberts university in the fall of 2003. i will be double majoring in youth ministry and missions. um...i guess that's some stuff about me. goodbye.

-katie
"If what you call your "faith" in Christ does not involve taking the slightest notice of what He says, then it is not Faith at all, not faith or trust in Him, but only intellectual acceptance of some theory about Him." - C.S. Lewis

www.deadjournal.com/users/chl
Old 07-31-02, 10:13 PM
you pushed me away

Welcome. yes I know its late welcoming but better late than never!

I am Kitty/f/Great Southern State of Texas...(aggies rule)

btw- I love the movie cool hand luke, paul newman was awesome in it.....
Old 08-09-02, 05:52 PM

Hi, my name is Cindy and I usually post on the Bebo Norman message board but lately I've been venturing onto other boards! I live in Silicon Valley California, been here for a few years. I consider myself a Seattle girl, it's my hometown. Anyhow, I love music esp. CCM. My current favorites are Bebo Norman, Newboys and Paul Colman trio.
Old 08-15-02, 06:07 PM

Wink

Hi, my name is Sharown aka Macaroni (thus, my screen name). I am 15 years old and in the 9th grade. I live in florida, but I was born in Dallas Texas. I just started coming to this board from the Left Behind Message Board. I like hanging out with my friends, talking on the net, or on the phone, and going to the mall. DC Talk, Superchick, and Plus one are just a few of my favorite bands.

AIM: RSMFields

E-mail: RSMFields@aol.com

Your sister in Christ
Sharown
Old 08-15-02, 06:11 PM
you pushed me away

Aye another Texan at Heart!
Howdy there Macaroni! I reside int he Great Southern State of Texas, near Houston. We sure are geting members from the LBMB these days! I hope you like these boards! I am also 15 and I am going to be a Sophomore this coming school year.
Old 08-16-02, 02:16 AM

Default re: intro

hey. I'm Josh, male, 23.

I came here because of a recommendation from one of our wonderful mods. Candice, let me say this once again: you ROCK!

I play keyboard, sing, and play drums. I'm particularly getting into world rhythm and hand-drumming, though my musical tastes run more toward both the classics (Larry Norman, DeGarmo and Key, and Stryper) as well as cool modern stuff (Skillet, East West, Spoken, Stavesacre).

i'm a bit of a computer geek, though not on the level of some (vB code? What the?) and a music downloading freak.
this is often me...ha ha!

"Fear tolerated is faith contaminated>"
--Kenneth Copeland

Overheard at Cornerstone:
"With a name like Goat Explosion, wouldn't you expect them to blow up _Something_?
Old 08-29-02, 05:34 PM

Hey everyone!! My name is Dan. I live in central California. I'm married and my wife and I have 3 (soon to be 4) kids. I play guitar, Bass, drums, and a little piano. I like to meet new people who love the Lord as much as I do.
Old 08-29-02, 05:41 PM

Nice To Meet Ya.
Old 09-06-02, 08:47 AM
Im HIS lambiekins

I am new. I am old. I am shy but also bold.

I love Jesus yes I do I love Jesus how bout you.

*Jesslynn* did you ever post at @forums?