ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

Notices

Old 12-16-01, 06:22 PM
hija de Dios

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducky
... I'm willing to bet Tim Horton's beats the pants off of Krispy Kreme!!!
oh, but it's a bet you'd lose, my dear.

ilgwamh- that was cute.

Last edited by faeroeisle; 12-16-01 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-18-01, 04:22 AM
boviquarium

im lindsey, and im 18 years old

i go to lindsey wilson college in KY, and im a double major in Christian ministries and english

i like every kind of music except hip-hip, *real* country (i love bluegrass and folk but keep CMT away from me), and non-new wave 80's music.. i dont care for pop but i can tolerate it.

my favorite band at the moment is tantrum of the muse but it changes daily. my favorite song is "oz" by 100 portraits.

i play banjo and i used to play piano. i can sometimes pick out a tune on a wooden flute i purchased from madison greene back in july, but thats a very infrequent sometimes

i have never worked at a camp or been a counselor or led any type of Christian activity, but ive been to new song and cornerstone and plan to frequent the latter many more times

i have 5 piercings and purple hair with red streaks, but unlike amber, im not goth.

im just me

i was a hippie for a week at c-stone 2k1.

and i cant help but laugh every time when i read nahum 3:5. hehe, i guess im a little childish.
Christianity is not, at its base, a cultural movement. It is not a "trend" or a "genre" or a "clique"; rather, it is a belief system. Those who claim the title "Christian" are (whether they realize it or not) saying they believe in the person of Jesus Christ, they place their faith in his teachings and his life, death, and resurrection as described in the Bible. They are NOT saying, with the simple words "I am a Christian," that they shop at Lifeway or vote Republican or listen to Amy Grant.
-foxhole
Old 12-19-01, 12:23 AM

I'm sean 20 years old technically

Yet another one of those pesky UE students am I .. .

like seemingly a lot of people I have an eclectic music taste. I go for rapcore/hard rock the most. But hard punk and pop punk also float my boat. I also really like swing music (unforutantly the swing revival is dead )

currently I would say my favorite band is Thousand Foot Krutch

I have the musical ability of a log and that is a very generous comparison

I am a secondary Education major with a minor in video games

the only labels that i belive apply to me are: Christian, male, and student.

I am a secret agent and have the videos to prove it
if Jesus Christ is Love
then I have failed to try
if Jesus Christ is Life
then please just let me die
let...this...die...
Old 12-30-01, 01:46 AM

Default Hello there~!

Hello!

My name is Lois and I'm a 34 year old born again believer. I love music...always have...but now I only sing a joyful noise unto the Lord. I love praise and worship music the most...but I'm a fan of Carmen, Nicole Mullen, Paul Wilbur and much more.

God is so good...and the Bible says we should pray without ceasing. I think that's made possible through songs and praises of thanksgiving. Amen?
Old 01-05-02, 09:20 PM

Hey,
I've not posted on these boards in months!

I'm 17, soon to be 18.

I live in a wee town called Irvine, in Scotland.

I've always been brought up as a christian, drifted way, but then hit back...and i'm not going anywhere!!!!!!

Sadly...my favourite music is Christian Worship music. When I first got introduced to bands like Hillsong - www.hillsongmusic.com - i realised the sort of music I'd been looking for all my life!!! Yeah, I'm sad!!!

I can get a kind of tune out most instruments....

but mainly I sing, play piano, and tenor horn.

I love Jesus with all my heart, and want REVIVAL everywhere. That sums me up I guess!!!!
Old 01-05-02, 09:39 PM
itinerant.

Scotland? We must jam. I'm currently studying at Harlaxton College in Grantham, England for the semester.

Peace, Love, and Jesus Christ,

Jason

Blessed are the poor... those who mourn... the meek...
those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... the merciful... the pure in heart...
the peacemakers... those those are persecuted because of righteousness...

God bless America?
Old 01-05-02, 10:08 PM
hija de Dios

hey, hey, hey! i'm part Scott . can't say i've been there, though.
Old 01-13-02, 05:30 PM

Hi,
I'm Danielle. I'm seventeen and I am a Level 3 (grade 12) student in high school. I would like to work with youth, but I am unsure of how. I'm a Christian, and I'm on my church's youth group executive as secretary. I'm also the head of the social commitee and a co-leader for the youth group's drama team. I play the clarinet for my school band, and I'm in the school chior. I'd love to learn how to play the guitar. I'm also co-editor for my school yearbook this year. I hate physics.

My favorite Christian bands/musicians are: Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, Plumb, Miss Angie, Ginny Owens, Jennifer Knapp, and The W's.

I think that's about it...
Old 01-15-02, 02:15 PM

Smile Hey!

Sup, peoples! It's just me sayin' hey. I gotta go now.
Janna
Even the stones will shout
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
-from Triennium '01

Jesus freaks rock!!!

Love, Peace and Jesus,
Janna
Old 01-15-02, 05:13 PM

Smile Hey!

Hey there! I've been a member of these message boards for a couple of years now, but I haven't been able to post for the past 2 months or so. I hope someone still remembers me on here! But for all you peeps who don't know me, I'll tell a little about myself.

Name: Janna
Fave bands: dctalk, Disciple, Newsboys, Audio A, Zacch's Tree, Five Iron Frenzy, Journey, Styx
Pets: 2 adorable calico kittens named Bitsy and Chunky
Music: I LOVE IT!!! I play the piano, mallet instruments, sing, and write songs.
Church: I go to Main St. Presbyterian Church, and my mom's the preacher!

That's about all for now. I'm gonna try to get on here more often!
This place rocks.
Even the stones will shout
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!
-from Triennium '01

Jesus freaks rock!!!

Love, Peace and Jesus,
Janna
Old 01-24-02, 11:13 PM

Cool

Hi, I'm cujo

I love Christian music, mostly contemporary.
S.C. Chapman, Mercyme, Sherry Keggy, Kim Hill, Glad, Philips, Cragg and Dean,- (just to name a few off the top of my head.)

I believe that a Christian song can bring Jesus closer to my heart in a three minute song than listening to some preacher shout for a half an hour.
Where I live there are two types of FM Christian radio stations: One that mostly plays Christian music and one that airs only preaching and talk shows. Guess which one I mostly listen to.

Maybe I trust Christian music because it is the artist honestly baring him or herself and letting the Spirit speak through them through the lyrics and music.

And I have felt betrayed, used and manipulated by some preachers.
Old 01-24-02, 11:38 PM
itinerant.

Stephen Curtis Chapman is great. He's so versatile... I love his stuff.

Blessed are the poor... those who mourn... the meek...
those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... the merciful... the pure in heart...
the peacemakers... those those are persecuted because of righteousness...

God bless America?
Old 02-06-02, 10:51 PM

Default hi!

I'm Marvin... i come from Manila, Philippines.
I'm a Christian for about 5 years now... it had been a rollercoaster ride for me till Jesus came and found me... good thing He did coz I could never imagine what life I could be living right now if He had not invaded my life. (The nicest invasion ever...)

I like the songs of Anointed, Sonic Flood, POG, Steven CC, Chris Rice, MW Smith, Watermark, HILLSONGS, Plumb, Ginny Owens, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Battery, Barbie's Cradle. I don't like boybands that much but my Christian prerogative has led me into accepting Plus One as my brethren, hehe.

We don't have a Christian FM station here in my country, so i only hear songs through CD and cassette. (But our church plans to have one in the future... PRAY for it, puhleez...)

Right now, i'm currently involved in the music ministry of the church... though i play violin and piano, most people would prefer to see me singing... God has graced me to minister to people thru my voice and with much humbleness, i give all the glory to Him.

I believe the Lord seeks intimacy with His children... and I find worship to be the most perfect avenue to express our love to God.

I have no legalistic criticisms concerning secular songs... most of 'em are good... but I believe that as Christians, we should be discerning of our choice of songs.

Help pray with me for a revival to happen in this world!

Last edited by GodBroken; 02-06-02 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-06-02, 11:59 PM
I miss Vincent!!!

mmm Krispy Kreme... thursday they did groundbreaking for thier Tulsa store!!

I'll snail mail ya one, Vincent but I really doubt you'll want it by the time it gets there.

[size=0.25]

“Could a mariner sit idle if he heard the drowning cry?
Could a doctor sit in comfort and just let his patients die?
Could a fireman sit idle, let men burn and give no hand?
Can you sit at ease in Zion with the world around you DAMNED?” - Leonard Ravenhill

"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies.
If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees.
Let no one GO there UNWARNED and UNPRAYED for." - Charles Spurgeon[/size]
Old 02-09-02, 05:40 PM

My name is Daniel S. McClintock, I'm 14 years old, and I live in South Carolina. I'm the webmaster and vice president of CPI News (www.cpinews.net), and work for Poinsett Graphic Designers (www.poinsettgraphics.com). My girlfriend's name is Crystal Roquen Spurck, and she's the prettiest girl in the world. She's also the daughter of my boss, James.

I have a mom & dad, 2 brothers, a purebred Labrador Retriever, and a cat.

http://www.cpinews.net - the fastest news service on the web!
cpinews@cpinews.net