ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Notices

Old 05-09-09, 11:41 AM
God is so Good

Wow... glad I popped in when I did..
Gotta run down to the mailbox....

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 05-11-09, 12:20 PM
ILJ Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
Wow... glad I popped in when I did..
Gotta run down to the mailbox....

Thank you for your Generosity Tann.
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 05-11-09, 12:21 PM
ILJ Addict

To all of you who gave to make the Postl food drive a success, thank you and God bless you.
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 07-24-09, 05:55 PM
ILJ Addict

I just read that the Postal Food drive collected 73.4 million pounds of Food which is a new record. God is so good.
Faithangel
Old 07-24-09, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Amen

And if anyone missed it please consider taking food to your nearest food pantry for people in need or suggesting that your church start a food help program. It can start as simply as keeping a box just inside the door and asking people to bring a can every week or so or a roll of TP or a bar of soap or tube of toothpaste (things people can not get w/ food stamps)
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 07-27-09, 09:34 AM
ILJ Addict

Also you can donte money to the food pantry every month or few months.
Faithangel
Old 03-30-11, 07:46 PM
ILJ Addict

On May 14th the Mailman will pick up bags of non persihable cans & boxes of food. Even onoe or two oxes or cans of food will help. God bless you
Faithangel
Old 03-30-11, 07:47 PM
ILJ Addict

I recently read that over 106 million pounds of food was collected by the postal food drive last year.
Old 03-30-11, 08:51 PM
Administrator

For more on the need and why this is important please see http://www.feedingamerica.org you may want to click Map the Meal Gap when you get there to see what the hunger need is where you live and work.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 03-31-11, 06:19 PM
ILJ Addict

We have a local food bank. WIf I donate, i eceive a letter thanking me. It shows one of the people who need help from the food bank. Thaeyalso exress gratitude for peoples' donations.
Old 03-31-11, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Feeding America which used to be called second harvest is the parent group of all the food banks.

Old 04-20-12, 03:40 PM
ILJ Addict

Attention on May 12 the post man will pick up boxes and cans of food for the postal food drive. The food drive is in al 50 states. One or two cans are a blessinga nd will help those who are hungry
Faithangel
Old 04-21-12, 06:30 PM
Administrator

another way to help from Feeding America the parent group of most food banks

"1 in 6 Americans struggles with hunger. General Mills, along with Feeding AmericaRegistered trademark symbol and Big Machine Label Group are teaming up to Outnumber Hunger in our communities. Join us to make a difference in your own community. Each code you enter online at outnumberhunger.com from participating General Mills brands will help Feeding America secure 5 meals for your local food bank. "

Old 04-23-12, 09:14 PM
ILJ Addict

It is a blessing to God when we feed those less blessed
Kids can get in on feeding the hungry. Ask them if you like tuna, macroni & Cheese etc don't you think that a child who doesn't have food would like some macroni & cheese? This way the child feels like he or she is helping feed a person who is not as blessed.
Old 04-24-12, 12:09 AM
Administrator

You are right FA children can be very involved in this. Many kids groups collect food for food banks and food pantries. the 2 most successful food collections we ever had for Caring Hands Ministries food pantry were done by kids groups - a boy scout troop and a school for special needs students. The first group set up in grocery parking lot w/ signs asking people to buy an extra can for 12 for hungry kids and grandmas and got 3 pick ups loads of food in one afternoon. The kids at the school did chores etc for family and neighbors and asked to be paid in food. We also had preteens whpo helped bag food for people in need and who took food to where homeless people were.

Tags
drive, food, post office, postal, postal fooddrive