ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Notices

Old 04-23-08, 09:17 PM
ILJ Addict

The food drive is two weeks from Saturday. Purchase a few things for somebody less fortunate.
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 04-23-08, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Whether you help the Postal Food Drive, your church's food pantry, a local food help place directly, or just neighbors in need please do help this year if you possibly can. Food bank supplies are very low around the country and more ppl than ever are asking for help. http://www.secondharvest.org/news_ro...es/040408.html

Please also pray for Caring Hands for the first time in 13 yrs I had to turn away a family we could not help with food. There was somewhere else to send them. They will not be without and perhaps God had a plan and reason why no was the right answer for this family this time. I just know we haven't had to say no before because we didn't have what was needed for food and it concerns me a lot. Food order didn't come and community donations are very scanty and I know we are not the only organization with a similar situation.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 04-26-08, 10:39 AM
God is so Good

Right now times are so hard for so many..
If you have two cans in your cabinet consider sharing with someone who has no cabinet..
It is unbelievable to me how much of my life I have spent being so selfish that I did not share ...

I do pray the Lord open our hearts to see the joy of giving ..
and it does not depend on having an abundance..it is a heart issue..

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 05-09-08, 10:47 AM
ILJ Addict

Tann I agree even two cans will hlep. Y'all the FoodDrive is tomorrow
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 05-09-08, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Whether you give through the Postal Food Drive or to another food help place or directly to someone who needs food please do help. One lady we know needs help herself yet gives away at least one or 2 cans or boxes every time she gets help,her way of making an offering to the Lord even on this increase. I believe God blesses that.

For more info on Postal Food Drive please go to http://www.secondharvest.org and click stamp out hunger While you are at the Second Harvest site you can click learn about hunger to find info about needs in your own area.

I believe God's solution to hungry people is people who care and share what they have, not just people who have a lot and share out of the excess but as Tann said ppl who have 2 cans and give one to someone else trusting that as they show God's love that way He will provide their needs.

Isaiah 58:6-11 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 05-10-08, 10:27 AM
~Queen of Blondeland~

We are filling up the bag for them. So many will not even give 1 can so we have given many.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is flawless;he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Exercize is a dirty word. Everytime I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Charles M. Schultz

Growing old is inevitable...growing UP is optional.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Experience is something you get just after you need it.
Old 05-11-08, 10:35 AM
ILJ Addict

God bless you Juliet.
Faithangel
Old 05-18-08, 10:44 PM
ILJ Addict

Thank you to all who gave
Faithangel
Old 07-11-08, 09:46 PM
ILJ Addict

I read that the Postal food drive gathred 73, million pounds of food this year which is a record.
Faithangel
Old 07-11-08, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Old 07-14-08, 10:14 AM
ILJ Addict

God is so good Ann. Praise Him
Faithangel
Old 04-13-09, 12:37 PM
ILJ Addict

Alert the postal food drive is next month. The post man will pick up foood onthe Saturday before MOther's Day.
Faithnagel
Old 04-13-09, 10:59 PM

This drive does a good thing but don't just wait for that. Check out http://www.feedingamerica.org Some food pantries aare seeing more than 3 times the number of people needing help just to eat. Added to that a lot of normal food supply for the pantries is way down. So far we have never had to turn away anyone who asked Caring Hands for food. Sitting here near the food shelves though I see a lot of empty places and a lot of shelves stocked 1 can high that can and normlly would hold 3 cans on top of each other. Any church, Sunday school class, school, workplace, that wants a service project only needs to put out a big cardboard box or a basket and a few signs asking people to donate nonperishible foods, TP, soaps, etc. to be able to really make a difference. One suggestion if your church or whatever does its own food pantry please consider including things like TP, toothpaste, and other necessities that can't be bought with food stamps. If you love pets consider including pet foods if the family has a pet. People are having to give up pets they love to shelters just becuse they can't afford to feed them and most shelters are not "no kill" situtions.

Jesus told us in Matthew 25 that when we feed those who are in need we are feeding Him and when we deny them we are denying Him.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 04-29-09, 08:27 PM
ILJ Addict

bumping the topic up. The food drive is a week fromSaturday
Faithangel
Old 05-09-09, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Tomorrow is the day - well today really since it's after midnight here.

Tags
drive, food, post office, postal, postal fooddrive