ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Notices

Old 05-01-06, 10:44 PM
ILJ Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann
I could probably do a search on google and find out but that would not be as much fun as hearing here...
Is this for all the states in the U.S.?
If you live in a rual areal you have to go to the post office..
I think this is a great idea
...But an odd time of year for it?
Lord Bless,
Teresa
Yes, it is for all states. It isn't an odd time, to do a food drive. The Postal workers do it to honor Mother's Day.
Faithangel45
Old 05-01-06, 11:10 PM
God is so Good

WOW..that time again..
time sure is fun when your having flies....

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 05-01-06, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Beyond that National Hunger Awareness Day is in early June.

In our area 1 in every 6 kids does not have food enough to be healthy.
That is when school is in session. Take away the possibility of low cost or free school lunch and breakfast add in higher child care costs when school is out and you get some very hungry younguns.

Malnutrition is also a leading cause of sickness, falls, nursing home placement, even death for older ppl.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 05-02-06, 01:10 AM
God is so Good

The National Day of Prayer is the 4th,Thursday..
God is giving us ample opportunity's
to "give" of our selves and our bounty...

I was just thinking about how much joy it gives me to be able to give to
others when I can..whether it is for the natural man or the spiritual one..
It is joy to give ...
it just dawned on me that is the same way we are to give to Him..
Joyfully..
I have not seen it quite like that before...

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 05-08-06, 04:53 PM
ILJ Addict

The postal food drive is this Saturday.
Faithangel45
Old 05-12-06, 03:00 PM
God is so Good

Tomorrow guys....

If nothing else we can do this...

Support our Troups!!
Old 06-03-06, 04:04 PM
ILJ Addict

Thanks to all who gave.
faithangel
Old 04-10-07, 06:00 PM
ILJ Addict

Bumping this subject up. The postal food drive will be on May 12th.
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 04-25-07, 08:14 PM
ILJ Addict

Bumping the subject up again. It is two weeks from Saturday,
Faithangel
Do you know Jesus? If you want Jesus in your heart A admit that you're a sinner in need of God. B believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose for your sins C confess Jesus as the Lord of your life. Pray this prayer Jesus I know that I've sinned against You. I sinned and am responsible for sinning. I believe that You died on the Cross and was raised for my justification. I now confess and receive Him as my personal Savior.
Old 04-28-07, 09:11 PM
Administrator

1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 05-04-07, 10:38 PM
ILJ Addict

Just a reminder give to those who are not as blessed as you are.
Faithangel
Old 05-09-07, 11:56 AM
ILJ Addict

Another reminder for those of you to help those in need.
Faithangel
Old 05-14-07, 02:42 PM
ILJ Addict

God bless all of you who gave to the postal food drive.
Faithangel
Old 11-10-07, 09:17 PM
ILJ Addict

I read that the postal service collected 70,745,176 bs of food. Woo Hoo and thank you Jesus
Faithangel
Old 11-10-07, 09:43 PM
Administrator

AMEN!

For more info on hunger and to get hunger rates in your area go to http://www.secondharvest.com

Tags
drive, food, post office, postal, postal fooddrive