ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 02-22-17, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Default Is music in churck ok?

Can anyone ask a question? If so why do some churches say instrument music in church is wrong? Psalm 150 seems pretty opposite of that. What des your church do?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 02-25-17, 12:05 AM
ILJ Addict

sounds to me like more of this 'a church pretending to be righteous and in doing so not actually following the Word'. think it's quite common, that kind of thing.
Old 02-25-17, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Can anyone ask a question? If so why do some churches say instrument music in church is wrong? Psalm 150 seems pretty opposite of that. What des your church do?
The "Non-Instrumentalists" are ALL ABOUT AUTHORIZATION. Since there IS NO MENTION of instrumental music in the NEW TESTAMENT, they've created a "DOCTRINE" that GOD DOESN'T LIKE, in the New Covenant church, what He considered to be a PROPHETIC MINISTRY in the Old Testament Church.

Of course it's nothing but "Religion as usual", and not to be taken seriously.

I'm more an "Old Fashioned Traditionalist" where "Church music" is concerned.

I prefer that the music is made by the CONGREGATION, and AIDED (not dominated) by instruments to enhance the overall worship experience.

MY DENOMINATION (the AG), however, has pretty much abandoned the Hymnals in favor of 7-11 stuff, that the congregations in 2017 appear to prefer.
Old 02-26-17, 12:41 PM
Administrator

First an apology I copied and pasted a question sent me and probably created confusion by accidently copying the question as to who could ask things. Ever have one of those days?

Our church music ranges from ""standards" to psalms to choruses with a bit of Don Francisco and such in the mix. It is more spontaneous than planned though the same songs come frequently. When we are without instrumental music it is because no one who is there at the moment plays keyboard or has brought guitar or other music maker.

I have seriously wondered if one of us could learn panjo and of that would make things better or worse.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 02-26-17, 12:52 PM

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/library/music.htm I like instrumental worship but here is one discussion of the reasons some do not believe it is a proper part of the Christian church.
Old 03-05-17, 09:05 PM

Really love all kinds of Christian music. As long as it is like not demon worship. All kinds of Christian music is awesome and uplifting.