ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 11-19-16, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Default Where is Jesus in ll this?

The election in US and the subsequent non peaceful demonstrations, The violence by and against law enforcement etc
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 11-21-16, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
The election in US and the subsequent non peaceful demonstrations, The violence by and against law enforcement etc
HE's right there - Watching. Just like God was whenever Adam, and his wife decided that satan's proposal was more to their advantage than God's. Just like He is when a child is beaten to death by his parents. He's TOLD US what the way of LIFE is, but He doesn't force us to walk in it.

We have the personal freedom to make a horrendous mess out of things - up to a point, but God's agenda flows on and will continue ON schedule, and IN budget, until its completion at the end of the age.

I think it was Derek Prince who noted that Isaiah 1:
4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

He observed that V5,6 are also a description of Jesus on the cross -

The "Sinful Nation" was Israel, of course, but the U.S. is hell-bent on getting there also. I DO believe that God placed the "T" man in the presidential position according to HIS agenda, and for his purposes. But the same could be said about Hitler, or any other person in authority in the world. God IS LOVE, but he's also JUDGEMENT, and WRATH, and a multitude of OTHER things, and He plays for eternal values.

And we STUPID humans ascribe "importance" to whether Michelle Obama's "dress designer" will design for Melania Trump also.

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 11-21-16 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-21-16, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Your points are very well taken. It appears that I did not word the question as well as I should have. Of course Jesus is still on the throne and always will be. Maybe it would have been better if I said where is consideration of Jesus, or is anybody pang attention o Jesus or maybe even how do we who say we aee His bring Him into the situations?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 11-21-16, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Your points are very well taken. It appears that I did not word the question as well as I should have. Of course Jesus is still on the throne and always will be. Maybe it would have been better if I said where is consideration of Jesus, or is anybody pang attention o Jesus or maybe even how do we who say we aee His bring Him into the situations?
Well - Pence appears to have his "Spiritual Head" screwed on Straight, and If Ben Carson stays involved, that would be a good thing. A LOT of Evangelicals are suggesting support. the "T" man has appeared to have at least SOME acceptance of The Christian orientation, and given his situation, seeking wisdom and support would seem natural - HE doesn't want to fail, and I DON'T think his agenda includes raping the country.

So let's see how it plays out. We'll know a WHOLE LOT more in 6 months.
Old 11-21-16, 06:54 PM
Administrator

That is true. Read that Franklin Graham said Trump said he has repented and accepted Jesus. Not sure accurate.

Old 11-22-16, 10:23 PM

Quote:
That is true. Read that Franklin Graham said Trump said he has repented and accepted Jesus. Not sure accurate.
Spurgeon made the statement that a "FAITH" that doesn't CHANGE a person - won't save them either. That's James 2, of course.
Old 11-24-16, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Ayep. Of course I did not know him before and do not know him now except by very limited observation.

Old 11-26-16, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Ayep. Of course I did not know him before and do not know him now except by very limited observation.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892) pastor of the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London is seem by most as "The Prince of Preachers", and it's been observed that the percentage of folks who were Born Again under HIS ministry, AND REMAINED true to their profession of CHristian Faith was greater than any orther ministry at the time. He was "Reformed" in his theology.

Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 11-26-16 at 09:23 PM.