ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 01-18-06, 07:32 PM

Default This made me cry!

There's this place that sells kittens... that they put in clear cubes or any shape you want and let the kitten grow to fit the shape. The bind the kittens legs and feed them through a tube and catheterize them. The cats are stuck in these things forever and their bodies twist all up to fit whatever container you choose to put them in. If you think you can stand to look at the process they use and pictures of actual cats in these things.. then the website is link removed it is a spoof but could still upset others as it did Brittany I honestly cannot believe this is legal!! It's inhumane and disgusting and makes me want to go rescue all of those kittens and lock the sick people behind this in prison forever. Sorry you guys but this just really shocked me.

I want the world to know I BuRn for You!

Love is all around you now
So take a hold
And faith will bring a way
to the impossible

www.pumpkinbabydesigns.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/BrittanyLawrencePhotography

Last edited by Ann; 01-18-06 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-18-06, 08:14 PM
ILJ Addict

Uh, you do know that whole site is fake, don't you?

Actually, the link should probably be removed, as it is linked with another site containing alot of inappropriate humor...
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39
Old 01-18-06, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Thanks Breni
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 01-18-06, 09:13 PM

I didn't know! But thanks for telling me. It was shown to me by a friend and I just saw the pictures. Freaked me out a bit. But now that I know it's fake I feel kinda silly. Oh well though.

So take a hold
to the impossible

Old 01-18-06, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Don't feel silly - if I had seen it and not known I would have been crying and ready to go fight the ones who did it so I'm glad Breni saw the post first and knew or recognized it was fake. We are both kitty ppl. I'm just sorry you saw it and were so hurt and upset. It takes a very sick mind just to imagine that. I suppose in a day or so we'll be able to pray for said sick minded ppl.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 01-19-06, 12:36 PM
ILJ Addict

Aw Brittany, you're not being silly! I wubs kitties too and would feel the same way if this were really happening. But the Bonsai Kittens site has been around for years, so I didn't even have to click on it to know it was just a spoof. Still, these folks have a very tasteless sense of humor IMO.
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39
Old 01-20-06, 12:54 PM
Im HIS lambiekins

It has been upsetting people for over 5 years now. I was uber upset when I first saw it!
Old 01-20-06, 05:06 PM

Unhappy ack

What about the woman who created the 'munchkin kitty's'?

She had a cat that was born w/a deformity in its front legs, and began breeding that cat in order to produce kittens that have deformed, short front legs- people were really outraged a few years ago when she began marketing these poor cats.

I am glad I didn't see the fake pictures of the kittens in cubes, just the idea sends chills up my spine. Why do people do such things? Something must be missing in their hearts.

A pretty gross 'prank'.

Meggiebeth
Old 01-20-06, 05:13 PM

Lightbulb Look at this

Check this site out:

http://www.moggies.co.uk/breeds/munchkin.html

It would appear that business is thriving and now the cat has both front and back legs short, this is not a natural condition...it was bred into the cat on purpose.

Meggiebeth
Old 01-20-06, 11:43 PM
Administrator

I can't say I like deliberate breeding of what could be considered a handicap but if the site is accurate
Quote:
The gene responsible for shortening the long bones in the cats legs is a natural mutation. It does not cause any mobility or spinal problems.
so perhaps in that sense these kitties are better off than Basset Hounds and weiner doggies who are shortlegged and do get backproblems from their shapes. Of course any breed is the result of selecting certain characteristics and mating animals who are likely to produce offspring with thise characteristics whether the wonderful Morgan horse, the golden retriever or the persian kitty.

Old 01-21-06, 06:38 PM
hija de Dios

personally i don't see anything wrong with breeding munchkin cats, considering their special characteristic began from a natural mutation. they seem to lead normal lives except for the jumping, good way to keep them off countertops and tables though . normally i'm not a bit cat person, but if the site is correct in describing their personality, if i were to have a cat, it would definitely be one of these little cuties!
Old 01-21-06, 10:37 PM
The Patriot

I can't see how breeding Munchkin cats is wrong if breeding, say, purebred poodles is okay. Plus, they look cute with those little legs!

Member of the 231st Liberal Drone Brigade. Resistance is futile.
Old 01-22-06, 12:54 AM

Aw I think they look cute too... but I imagine doing things a normal cat does must probably be harder for them...

So take a hold
to the impossible