ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-08, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Default Kids left behind

When parents who are said to be undocumented or illegal are arrested and sent out of the country or incarcerated there are sometimes children left behind. I don't know whether ICE is not trying to find out if there are kids or if since often the kids are citizens they don't cincern themselves with them or if the parents don't bring up having kids or ???. What I do know is that kids 5 and younger are being left here with no provision for their care. Some are young enough so they have no idea where mommie went. Sometimes the ppl who end up with them are very good kind people probably sometimes they are not. This breaks my heart for these kids. I can remember one Christmas when my mom was in the hospital my aunt and uncle picked me up for the dsay and then in late afternoon as it was getting dark dropped me off at our house. I went in and no one was there. It was dark. Daddy's room was empty and my grandmother wasn't there either. I spent that nght under my father's bed hiding and crying. Later I found out Daddy had been rushed to the hospital and grandma went with him in the ambulence and didn't have a way to get back. She assumed my uncle (her son) would come in to see her when they brought me back and if no one was there would take me back with them. This gives me just a tiny hint of what these kids must feel and I was 8or 9 not 5 or younger. One 5 yr old child I heard about last night was alone for more than a week before someone found them. I knew that happened maybe once in a great while but now it is becoming common in this area and probably others. I know of at least 9 such kids with in 2 square miles.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Tags
abandoned, afraid, children, christian responsibility, deportation, dream act, hispanic, ice, illegal, imigrants, immigrant children, ins, undocumented