ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

Old 10-26-05, 02:11 AM

Default Kutless and Switchfoot!

Everything by Kutless is phenominal! The guy has a Creed sounding voice. Of course Switchfoot is awesome. I also love Third Day, Mercy Me, DC Talk, Delirious?..I'm sure there are many more that I cant think of.
Old 10-26-05, 10:03 AM

I adore Switchfoot, I have heard Kutless is really good, I need to check them out for sure!
Old 10-26-05, 07:53 PM

Yes, definately get their Sea of Faces album...I had it in my playing in my car for 2 months before I could bear to part with it...only to get their newest Strong Tower, praise and worship...LOVE it!! "Better is one day"...beautiful!!! My sister has their first album and says its the greatest album of all, so I need to get that one next. Now I'm back to Switchfoot again with Meant to Live on it. Do you have the newest Switchfoot? I'm sure its awesome, but what's your opinion if u have it?
Old 10-27-05, 06:02 AM

I sure don't but I want it dearly! I will totally get that Kutless album, thanks!!
Old 11-01-05, 10:56 AM
filia dei, filia regis

hey, it's another leah! XD

my personal opinion after having seen kutless at cstone '04 is that they just leave something to be desired... if you're into their style though, then go ahead and enjoy. doesn't really hurt... it's just not my thing by a long shot.

switchfoot is fun stuff though. one of the few mainstage-ish bands i honestly like.

email: psychoticdreamgirl@hotmail.com
AIM: phreakyleah42
Y!: psychoticdreamgirl2003

http://www.livejournal.com/users/the_midgetqueen
http://www.psalters.com
http://madisongreene.com
Old 11-09-05, 05:07 PM
itinerant.

IMO, Kutless is kinda blah. Just another kinda-hard band trying to sound mainstream. Pillar does it much better, I think.

Blessed are the poor... those who mourn... the meek...
those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... the merciful... the pure in heart...
the peacemakers... those those are persecuted because of righteousness...

God bless America?
Old 11-17-05, 02:37 PM

I love All who are thirsty by Kutless, but I'd have to say I prefer DC Talk, what if I stumble and In the light especially.

The worst time for an aethiest is when he feels grateful and has no one to thank
Old 12-02-05, 04:50 AM

Thumbs up Kutless is awesome!

Kutless is hands down one of the best Christian artists on the scene right now. Their lyrics are deep and relevent in all of their songs. I only started listening to Christian music about 3 years ago, not because that was when I became a Christian but because before then I thought that Christian music was kinda, second rate, and had less production values. It was bands such as
Kutless, who really let me see that Christian music wasn't just for people who couldn't make it main stream.

I personally think these guys have mad potential as all of their albums have only gotten better. "Run", "Your Touch", "Pride Away", and the softy "Grace and Love" were all good songs off of their first album. "All Alone", "Better For You", "Sea of Faces", "Passion", and "Perspectives", were all deep and tight sounding songs on their sophomore CD. And when Strong Tower came out it made me fall in love with old Christian worship songs all over again.

On top of all that, I love how these guys can reach people with their Christian themes and love for Christ without trying to sound preachy or like a Church Choir.

Don't get me wrong I love artists such as Jeremy Camp and Third Day, but I have tons of "lost" friends who can dig this album even though they understand that it clearly has Christian themes. It even has made some of my friends open up and ask about some of the things that these guys are saying.

I really love Switchfoot too, I really love their new cd, my favorite song is "The Blues"...lol. But I kinda miss the days when Christian artists actually said Jesus' name in the songs. I understand why that doesn't happen though, doing that would cost an artist millions in sales. Yet another reason why I respect
Kutless for staying true and telling others about His name.
Old 12-30-05, 08:49 PM
hija de Dios

yeah Kutless is pretty awesome. but have you heard 12 stones? incredible. i'd say an upgraded version of them.
Old 01-03-06, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGirl
Everything by Kutless is phenominal! The guy has a Creed sounding voice. Of course Switchfoot is awesome. I also love Third Day, Mercy Me, DC Talk, Delirious?..I'm sure there are many more that I cant think of.

I saw the Hawk Nelson, Kutless, Toby Mac, and Audio Adrenaline show laast year when that tour came to Grove City College in Butler, Pa. It was a very good show. I probably enjoyed the music of Kutless the most, though Toby is the best showman of the bunch. I am an Audio Adrenaline fan, but I thought that they were just ok that night. It was a long show, so I may have been getting tired by that point.
http://www.christianmusicianradio.com
ralph@christianmuisicianradio.com

Last edited by BigRalphN; 01-03-06 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-03-06, 01:41 PM

big daddy weave is another good group. if you ever get a chance try um out. i like it.
I wish i could be with him just one more time.
I miss him so.
My Grandpa.
I miss him so.

-In memory of Donald Scott Buckingham 1934-1997.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Big Bang Theory:
God spoke, and BANG!...
it happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tyler
A.K.A. Buddy,
T-Bone, Flash.
Old 01-03-06, 08:11 PM
Administrator

I've heard Big Daddy Weave - they ARE good.
Old 01-04-06, 12:19 AM
Administrator

1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 01-10-06, 01:23 PM

Wink

I've only heard like one song from Kutless- which is sea of faces, which was kinda cool. I love 'I can only Imagine'. That song has some beautiful words.
Umm... lets see... i basically love all the songs from WOW hits 2005 (christian). I love Matt Redman's 'BLessed be your name' (it was also sung by three63) and Glory Defined (building 429).
Old 01-10-06, 05:43 PM

Happy to see Kutless and Switchfoot getting alot of air time on secular stations!