ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Ministry > Prayer Requests and Praises

Old 01-26-03, 02:08 AM
Administrator

Default Praise is our most mighty weapon

2 Chronicles 20
2Ch 20:1 It came to pass after this also, [that] the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them [other] beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2Ch 20:2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they [be] in Hazazontamar, which [is] Engedi.
2Ch 20:3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
2Ch 20:4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask [help] of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
2Ch 20:5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court,
2Ch 20:6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, [art] not thou God in heaven? and rulest [not] thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand [is there not] power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
2Ch 20:7 [Art] not thou our God, [who] didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
2Ch 20:8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying,
2Ch 20:9 If, [when] evil cometh upon us, [as] the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name [is] in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
2Ch 20:10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not;
2Ch 20:11 Behold, [I say, how] they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit.
2Ch 20:12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes [are] upon thee.
2Ch 20:13 And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
2Ch 20:14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
2Ch 20:15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle [is] not yours, but God's.
2Ch 20:16 To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
2Ch 20:17 Ye shall not [need] to fight in this [battle]: set yourselves, stand ye [still], and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD [will be] with you.
2Ch 20:18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with [his] face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
2Ch 20:19 And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
2Ch 20:20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
2Ch 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy [endureth] for ever.
2Ch 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
2Ch 20:23 For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy [them]: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
2Ch 20:24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they [were] dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
2Ch 20:25 And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.
2Ch 20:26 And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.
2Ch 20:27 Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, and Jehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go again to Jerusalem with joy; for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.
2Ch 20:28 And they came to Jerusalem with psalteries and harps and trumpets unto the house of the LORD.
2Ch 20:29 And the fear of God was on all the kingdoms of [those] countries, when they had heard that the LORD fought against the enemies of Israel.
2Ch 20:30 So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about.

Whatever our battles Lord help us to face then with the full force of praise knowing that if we are in You and You in us You have already won our victory. We are simply to enforce it with our praise. Thank You Lord and Praise You too.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 01-26-03, 09:57 AM
The Anchor Holds!

Evere hear of a king or leader sending the choir out onto the battlefield AHEAD of the army???

The Lord showed me this very chapter one time.....He also showed me the story of Saul going into battle. Samuel told Saul to wait at such and such a place and he (Samuel) would come and offer sacrafice for victory over the enemy. Then Saul was to engage the enemy.

Saul arrived...waited....got nervous....waited some more....scouts started arriving with all manner of fearful reports...."we're ALL gonna die if you don't do something!"...Saul waited.....got scared.....finally offered the sacrafice himself and engaged the enemy. WORST DEFEAT in the history of his reign.

The message: WAIT....no matter what....WAIT. After you pray and believe, send out the choir to offer praise and thanksgiving. Do NOT attempt to engage the eneny yourself. It's not necessary and will get you TRASHED every time!

" These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33.

IN GOD WE TRUST!

Come and walk
By His Side
marilyn@byhisside.org

Last edited by Marilyn; 01-26-03 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-21-03, 12:39 PM
College Rage Champion

the story of Jehoshaphat is one of my favorites.

Shaun
Old 03-18-03, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Thank You Father that You are both our sword and our shield. Thank You that You both go before us and are our rear guard. Please help us to look at You and at our victory in Christ and not at fears in this time of conflict. Thank You for great victory in Iraq and for Your loving care for both our troops and the Iraqi people. You alone can bring this to a good end but O Father You can do it. Thank You.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 03-19-03, 03:07 PM

Default Praise, our most mighty weapon.T

This is a very inspiring article on the importance and efficacy of praise in needs and crises, of course, at all times and situations.
The powe of praise is tremendous.
(Psa 50:23) Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me:
and to him that ordereth his conversation aright
will I shew the salvation of God.
dalfrath.
Old 04-22-03, 01:46 AM
GRACE LIKE RAIN

thanks for posting...

i thought prayer was our most mighty weapon... no wait

the sword of god which is the word

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways,
he does great things beyond our understanding (Job 37:5)

Old 04-22-03, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Prayer is mighty. Praise thanks God for the answer sometimes even before we see it. The Word shows us God's will and what and how to pray. Praise expresses our love, trust, and confidence that God is all He says He is and will do all He says He will do. In real life prayer and praise are often so intertwined that we can't tell where one starts and the other ends. That can be a good thing.

Old 07-25-03, 09:21 PM

Default AMEN ANN

WHAT WONDERFUL AND MIGHTY THINGS OUR LORD WILL DO IF WE BUT TRUST IN HIM....HAVE FAITH IN GOD......MARK11;22.....ABRAHAM BELEIVED GOD.....THHAT SAYS A MOUTHFUL ......AMEN.....WHEN WE TRULY PUT OUT TRUST IN GOD,WE CAN PRAISE HIM AND THEN WE WILL SEE THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD MOVE WITH POWER ON OUR BEHALF.......ANN U SAID IT SO WELL....THE TWO ARE INTWINED.....WHAT A WONDERFUL AND LOVING GOD AND FATHER WE DO SERVE............GOD BLESS YOU AND EACH OF MMY BRETHREN...

Jer 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But [his word] was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not [stay].

Last edited by evangelist dare; 07-25-03 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-14-03, 05:06 PM

God has blessed me and my family above and beyond in all aspects. I would just like to give Him the glory and credit for that and to praise Him for that.
Old 12-14-03, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Thank You for these blessings, Lord.

Old 03-20-04, 05:07 PM
Speedo

Father, Lord,
We thank you for your consistency Lord to never leave us nor to ever forsake us, as you had promised in Hebrews 13:5. Lord we pray for a resolve in our own soul and heart, Lord, to serve you, knowing Lord that you are our strength, and that in you we hold the promise that we can never fail. We thank you Lord for your Son Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins, we thank you Lord for your mercy and patience which is poured out on all of us daily, we thank you Lord for our Church home Lord where we can worship you Lord, and I thank you Lord for ILJ boards, Lord, for allowing it to be a beacon for the lost, and a message of hope to all of those who are searching for it. Thank you Lord for never leaving us, thank you Lord for always loving us,
In Christ name,
Amen
Thank God that my salvation is not based upon anything that I have done or can do, but soley upon the love of God who sent His only Son to die for our sins on the cross at Galgotha. His love is eternal, and so is His salvation. Hebrews 13:5b and John 10:28.
Recieve Christ today! Don't miss out on Heaven for the world!
Old 03-29-04, 08:44 PM

Lord, I just wanna say thanks for always coming through for me and for giving me the best life i could ever think of. I love You Jesus. Amen
Old 03-29-04, 09:37 PM
Administrator

I like it when we recognize the power of praise. Send the praises before us and we will win the Battles God leds us too.
Old 06-03-04, 09:04 AM

Dear Lord God,

Thank you so much for being there with me .. for hearing all my prayers.. You are indeed the almighty, ever loving God..

Thank you for saving me..

Thank you for carrying me when I fall down..

Thank you for loving me..

I love you.
Old 06-27-04, 06:41 PM
ILJ Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by GotJesus78
Lord, I just wanna say thanks for always coming through for me and for giving me the best life i could ever think of. I love You Jesus. Amen
Oh yes, indeed. I agree with you whole heartedly.

Tags
praise, prayer, warfare