ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 08-26-08, 04:08 PM
God is so Good

Smile Father is faithful to His sons...

Heb 12:1 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2 looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.

Heb 12:3 For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

Heb 12:4 You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Heb 12:5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons, "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him;

Heb 12:6 for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every son whom He receives."

Heb 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is he whom the father does not chasten?

Heb 12:8 But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons.

It truly comforts me that I have a Father who will chasten me (...scourges..)
I have known all my life that discipline in my life meant I was loved and someone was looking out for my sake..
When I wanted to do wrong or did , man I got it...
Perhaps not purely for me as often we as parents discipline for our own purposes too..

But Father God does it right...

Do I fear Him..?? I do if I know I have deliberatley disobeyed because I know how faithful He is to not leave me alone with my sin to eat at me..
He wants better for me than to remain in it...
I know that the fear of the Lord is just the beginning of wisdom..
and that fear serves me well if I am in rebellion ..
His love is boundless and will never fail, and discipline is part of that love..
A lot of us are in some serious situations and we are fearful because we know there are some serious consequences for our behavior..we are fearful..
The fear is like the sheep dogs herding us into the Fathers presence ..
It will not let us rest until we have come into His presence and made things right with Him.. amen.... and with others that are a part of our situation...

The Good Shepherd...

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 08-28-08, 09:04 AM
God is so Good

I thought someone else would identify with me..
I assume the silence is because you all have never done anything so horrible you were afraid others would find out about it..
It is truly an awful place to be ...
Praise God he meets us in the most awful circumstances and we are disciplined and we grow ...

It really is a hard road to walk... and because I know I can identify with those who are struggling with the same problem..hidden sin...

Being ashamed of our actions is not always a bad thing..
We need to be ashamed sometimes ...at least that has been my experience..

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? No, they were not at all ashamed, nor could they blush; therefore they shall fall among those who fall. At the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, says Jehovah.

But then there is the Lord to lift us up when we repent..

Heb 12:11 Now chastening for the present does not seem to be joyous, but grievous. Nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who are exercised by it.
Heb 12:12 Because of this, straighten up the hands which hang down and the enfeebled knees.
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way, but let it rather be healed.

He is our healer..of our Hearts and minds and our bodies...

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!
Old 08-28-08, 02:44 PM
Forgiven and Free

Thanks for sharing that,Tann. Yes,I can definitely identify with this.
We may have things that we've done in our past(for some,even the not too distant past)that we feel really bad about or we think that no one else knows about,but God knows.Thankfully,when we give it to the Lord and ask His forgiveness and repent,He washes us clean once again by His precious blood and restores our relationship with Him.

I know for myself,I've done plenty in my life that I'm not proud of,and wish I could wipe those things from my past,but I can't. But God can,and does.Won't it be wonderful when we can stand before Him one day,truly clean and free from all those things that wear us down and tear us apart?

Thank You,Lord Jesus,that in You,we can have hope.
Old 08-28-08, 05:40 PM
God is so Good

I have been such a stubborn person so it does not surprise me that not many folks experience the pain of such sinful rebellion..
I am glad there are those who are gentle and easy learners..
Would that I were one....

Quote:
Won't it be wonderful when we can stand before Him one day,truly clean and free from all those things that wear us down and tear us apart?

Thank You,Lord Jesus,that in You,we can have hope.
Amen and Amen.....

You know what I can see.. we do stand before Him clean and free it is just not visible yet... not yet manifest...

Support our Troups!!
Old 08-29-08, 02:23 PM
Administrator

For me it was not a matter of being unable to identify with what you shared but one of being up to my eyebrows in some things and not replying to much but prayer requests and board proceedural things.

When I was little I had a tendency in some things to push the limits. Sometimes I still do. I was the youngest of a bunch of cousins and learned early that the best way to not be the one picked on was to come up with creative nonphysical ways to make certain cousins uncomfortable. Nonphysical because the closest to my age was 3 yrs older and stronger and the one most likely and deserving to be on the receiving end was 5 yrs older. Sometimes I went too far with this like wondering out loud a few times if anyone would ever be brave enough to make it from the 2nd floor window to the garage roof on the pully clothesline knowing that he took every opportunity to show that he was brave and tough then going off to innocently color pictures in a spot where mom and grandma and other adults could plainly see that I was not involved. My father came looking for me. The "culprit" himself being plainly visible in the garden still holding the broken clothesline would never have admitted he followed the suggestion of an 8 yr old , 4 other kids in the place and he came directly to me. Mom protested my obvious innocence ...right there coloring .... All I could say was how did you know. My father knew me well. No hiding my wrongs from him yet I always knew he loved me. Our heavenly Father knows us well too. Well enough to know our sins and our tendencies towards certain things. Well enough to come and find us and deal with us when we have done wrong and think we've hidden it. He loves us enough to do it too. Funny I don't even remember what the punishment was for that one I just remember that he knew it was me and that I had displeased him and that made me sad - and caused me to think a head of what the results could be of what I did. I was very blessed in the earthly daddy that I had. His ways and standards made it easy to understand a loving heavenly Father who has standards of right and wrong and standards for how someone who is His should act and think and feel and care.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Last edited by Ann; 08-29-08 at 02:31 PM.

Tags
discipline, father, fear, god, love, punishment, shepherd