ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

Old 08-06-11, 04:39 PM

Default Mockers distorts the truth of the Bible

Many people who mock the message of the Bible say that God hasn't written the Bible, but the people. These mockers say that the Bible is the book of the men, not the book of God.

The Bible is written over thousand years by the many Jewish people. The Bible is the word of God, whereby, He has spoken and influenced writing to the Bible and thus brought forth His will and the salvation in each phase of the history.

The Bible says that the prophecy (the word of God) was not at any time borne by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke, as they were guided by the Holy Spirit. People have written the Bible, but they have written it by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I bring forth an illustrative example, which enlighten this matter. In the workplace, firm leader dictates the text to the secretary, who is writing it up. We can say that the secretary has written the text, but he wrote it just the way the director said this to her. The secretary did not make an interpretation and not brought forth her thoughts, but just what the director told her. The Bible is born exactly the same way. People have therefore written the Bible, but they have done it by the guidance of the Holy Spirit. So the Bible is, after all, the word of God.

The Bible describes phases of the nation of Israel because God chose one very small nation by which He revealed Himself to the mankind. The Bible describes also life of individual men and their relationship with God. The Bible tells also about feelings and thoughts, including the joys, sorrows, failures, successful choices of these people. But, however, all these different situations are reflected in God and God's will. The Bible reveals God's word to the mankind, because the Bible is the Word of God. God saves sinful man by the Lord Jesus after repentance and believing in Jesus. God teaches by His Word the basic values of the life, according to which man is good to live. God reveals by His Word future events. God reveals in His word the way the fountain of eternal life. Overall, the center of the Bible is God and the salvation of the Lord Jesus, the Messiah.

The whole article is here: http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/mo...tortBible.html
Old 08-06-11, 05:54 PM
Administrator

This is part of post elsewhere on ilj that seems to fit especially well here. To read the whole thread you can click http://www.iljboards.com/showthread.php?t=30841

...The Bible consists of 66 books written over thousands of years through 30+ people who did not know each other and could not have had a collaborative plan simply because of time and distance and yet is a unified whole. If you have ever done a class project with 3 or 4 other people you know that collaboration even with almost daily contact was a challenge. Multiply those challenges by a few thousand yrs and a few thousand miles. Human effort could not produce that unity.

Beyond that you have independent secular historical reports verifying the accuracy of what the Bible says. Archeology also provides confirmation of what the Bible says. For example when the ancient city of Ur where Abraham started his life was discovered there was a pillar there with Abram's name on it. Jerricho was found and archeologists discovered the walls which had fallen exactly as the Bible reports. One site where you can read more on this is http://everystudent.com/features/bible.html

The copying methods used by the Jewish scribes were also done to preserve accuracy for example if a man was copying a passage and made an error the whole scroll was destroyed and he had to start again. There were allowed no corrections no changes. The work of every copiest was checked and rechecked by others. The rules for these scribes which were so strict that they even gave a required space between letters, the kind of ink and pen, etc. If an error was made anywhere in the manuscript the whole thing was destroyed.

Then there is the accuracy of Old Testament prophecies. The more you study these the more you will be convinced that these things did not happen by accident. How many years before Christ did Psalm 22 record his words on the cross? The descriptions of the coming destruction of Jerusalem are amazingly accurate for example Micah 3:11-12, says that Zion (central Jerusalem) will be plowed like a field. Historical records in the Gemara - an ancient Jewish record writing says Turnus Rufus, a Roman officer, plowed the area of the Temple on the 9th day of the Jewish month of Ab. That is further verified by the existence of a Roman coin minted during the era of Hadrian - the Roman general who destroyed Jerusalem in 135 AD - that shows an image of a man riding a plow over the site of Jerusalem. There are many many more equally specifically accurate prophecies. That kind of accuracy could happen only if the One inspiring the description knew it would happen.

For more info on the specific accuracy of the New Testament books you can read http://www.ntcanon.org

The Bible was originally written in Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament). In each of these languages every letter is also a number. Computer scientists have discovered that in the original texts every single complete word, phrase, sentence, and paragraph adds up to a multiple of 7. There is no human way that is possible and yet it happens consistently through all 66 books of the Bible and equally important it does not happen in other texts including ones like the so called gospel of Thomas. For more on this please see http://www.usa-the-republic.com/religion/bible.html and www.biblebelievers.org.au/panin2.htm There is no way this could possibly happen by coincidence or collusion.

There is a very simple way to determine for yourself if God is real if you have the courage to do it. Just ask him. If He's not your only talking to yourself or to the air of course but we all do that when we stub a toe or drop toast jelly side down anyway. Simply and honestly say "I want to know the truth. I care more about truth than I do about my teachers being right so if You are real God please show me in a way that I can understand" . Very probably lightening will not crash instantly and the skies will not open with almighty chorus but over the next few days and weeks and months you will see and understand if you have the courage to do this.

I did it once a lot of years ago and God made Himself unmistakably real to me. I needed that personal proof not just the intellectual reasoning of geology and anthropology however much it bothered to learn that every known people group had a flood story and that tribes never reached by missionaries knew of a Father, Son who sacrificed himself for humankind to know the Father, and Holy Spirit who made it real to people. That I could almost ignore but not enough not to be bothered by it. But when I asked and meant it for God to show me he did and if you will ask honestly He will show you just as surely for yourself. "
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 09-24-11, 10:53 PM

Well I don't really understand that. God has obviously written it.
Old 09-25-11, 11:57 PM
Administrator

What exactly do you not understand? Not disagreeing with you just not sure what you are referring to
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Tags
author, bible, biblical inerrency, cannon, false, inspiration, inspired, mockery, proving, respect, scripture, secretary, true, truth, who wrote the bible, word of god