ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Wacky World of ILJ

Old 06-29-12, 08:30 PM

Default The attack of the ice breathing dragon

I was asleep of course. I watched the daybreak birds. If you put as much energy into watching birds as I do you would need a nap afterwards too. So I took a break on a box on the desk where I could see out the window if I opened my eyes and could feel the warmth of the sun when it was just nice warm not hot. All of a sudden there was a turrible roar and ice came at me. Ice air anyway. Right in the middle of my warm nap. The ice dragon was after me again. I made a dash out of there. Just in time because the dragon knocked my box over as I jumped away. Then it threw things off the desk at me. I skidded into the bedroom and wouldn't you know the she human was in my bed under my covers. I dove under them anyway and got between her and the wall. The ice breathing dragon came after us. It got so cold in there. But she put a pillow over me and another pillow over her head and I finally stopped shivering but I won't let that dragon find me on the desk again at least not till she picks up my box.

He human says the dragon's name is air conditioner but I know better. The air conditioner stays in the window. This dragon came down out of the ceiling. She human claims its name is heat pump. Heat my left hind third claw. That was ice I tell you and it tried to get me.
Old 06-30-12, 08:46 AM

That was my brother but he is right there is an ice breathing dragon in our ceiling. He shouldn't run away from it. He should be here beside me in the big chair and hide under my towel like I do. Anyone ought to know 2 cats are warmer than one and a cat with any sense - well that leaves out my brother anyway - would know that the dragon comes out of the ceiling in the bedroom too and that my chair is further from the dragon than anyplace else in my house and thick and padded and we can get down into the cushions. I like the she human well enough but really she doesn't even have fur how could she keep him warm?
Old 06-30-12, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Note to Sylvester: that is NOT your box. It is my jewelry making things that were on my desk and I told you something bad would happen if you got up there again.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 06-30-12, 09:44 AM
Administrator

In this weather it seems almost blasphemous to complain about cold, doesn't it? I am grateful for cool air that I don't have to pay for. But Sylvester is right the dragon attacks are a bit much. The heat pump is regulated from the upstairs apartment and it must be hotter than the warm place up there. Early mornings, except yesterday, are not bad, later morning when the passive solar kicks in is pretty nice but by evening when is cold enough to cause back cramps. Even Charles who is from Alabama where people say they go to he_ _ to cool off is wearing winter sweats.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 06-30-12, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Georgie says it's always better to be safe than to be sorry.
Old 07-03-12, 12:58 AM

When he grows up he will realize that part of being a cat is never ever saying you are sorry.

The she human bought a thing that pulls heat out of the wall - just about the right size for me to sleep on but she thinks it is for her. She calls it a heat pad. I call it a paw warmer.
Old 07-03-12, 07:52 AM
Administrator

I have a rice bag.
Old 07-03-12, 07:13 PM

I have a ball and my brother has fuzzmouses.
Old 07-04-12, 08:19 AM
Administrator

George Bailey has Teddy.
Old 07-04-12, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Old 07-10-12, 06:04 AM
ILJ Addict

I have a special blanket I retreat under when the Ice breathing dragon gets to cold for me. Strypey seems to really like it (the ice breathing dragon is in her bedroom). It sends her into sleepy land.

The rest of the castle is very hot lately

Tags
air conditioning, birds, cat, cold, dog, dragon, fear, heat, heat pump, hot, ice, icebreathing, sweet tea