ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Creative Works

Old 11-11-09, 04:43 PM

Arrow Journey In The Shack

11/11/2009
Journey In The Shack

When reading the Shack open the mind on a journey deep inside
Leave the logic at the door if we donít will only learn more confusion
But if we keep the mind still and let the heart know it is God speaking

Take the lemon out stop being a teacher for a change let the student out
God speaks through everything, everyone, stop to listen will hear His voice
Authors arenít writers of truth, but messengers to help us understand His truth

The fact is some of us have finally understood what it takes to understand God
But still many donít have a clue, so God uses those that know to teach others
Even though the answer to better understanding is so simple

When we just let the Holy Spirit work in us will find the garden of understanding
This means just hush up, get up out of the way all we do is create mess of turmoil
If we want to learn must trust and follow always, to stop is to let knowledge fade

Now with the door wide open take that journey no matter what weíre going through
The heart is broken only thing left is pain coming through instead of blood pumping
That is until we take the first step at the same time reach for the hand of Jesus

Just let Jesus walk us across the waters donít be afraid wonít let us sink
Arms of trust hold us up the gentleness of His voice will encourage our steps
Before we know it will be walking and talking like best friends becoming brothers

Donít be alarmed when He sends us into the cave of judgment not to be judge
But here will meet sister Wisdom who will teach us how to judge even God Himself
Another words let it all out, after all He already knows the anger within

Now all we have to do is decide which of our children to send to the lake of fire
Yes you read right, which of your children will we send after all God decides right
Wrong we couldnít like He couldnít decide, so He sent the Son of Man who is Christ

The choice is now in our hands to receive or to reject our salvation which is Jesus Christ
The children we think are lost, have been found long ago before any tragedy ever happened
Only life lost is our own,now is the chance to see them to hold them once again

Letís go back to Jesus ready and willing to be free of from tyranny which is ourselves
This is so we can become one body, one mind, one soul not to live in Jesus but so
Jesus can live through us together making a relationship a solid bond that canít break

Now thereís no going back to the door we came from,but to keep on going on this Journey
The heart is now whole made new again even though can still see the scars of His stitches
Christ will always be by our side through those that love us on this Journey that never ends

Hello Readers, I have written this poem after reading the book called the Shack. I donít mean to offend anyone that have criticised this book, but to encourage to read it again through new eyes. For those that never read it and those that have read the Shack I want to recommend reading this book like the first verse suggests. Though the book is fiction I find the author who is a Christian to have a very good insight not on his truth but of Godís truth through his interpretation and understanding of the Bibleís concepts. May still disagree but just remember none of us understands perfectly can only describe which each one of us believes in our own understanding of what God is doing in each of our lives which makes us want to share with the rest so that all may understand why we love Christ
Old 11-12-09, 04:35 PM
Administrator

The thing that troubles me most about this book is that it seems to be part of the "many ways lead to truth" type and Jesus said there is just one way and He is it. He (not she) as the Bible portrays him.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 11-12-09, 05:38 PM

after reading this book for the first time, has changed me have to say, not dramaticly but feeling closer to God, yes many ways are explained in the book but to other truths, just explaining the one truth to a better understanding in my opinion, I also feel the he and she part was just mediforicly speaking. Another words, God is everything. Father, Mother, provider all in one wrapped into love and Grace. We try so hard to put a face to God that just comes out what we think we need to understand the best, when in truth to see His true face is too look in the mirror as we're made in his image. So for me that makes him a guy,. For you a femal yet. God is neither but is a spirit of one. Some times its best not to try and understand everything. Just best to understand that trust and obedyonce is the way to being close to Christ, then to God himself, least imo and how i am learning to understand without getting myself confused lol
Old 11-12-09, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
For you a femal yet.
Sorry but no way.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 11-13-09, 12:51 AM

then how do you explain, we're created in his image? not asking for you agree, just saying keep an open mind not just to me, but just never know when or what God will use to speak to us and never stop learning, theres things we never will understand untill we see him face to face, but just because we dont understand makes each of our opinions anyless true or not true, just the way God speaks to us indvidguly because we're all diffrent and recive the message diffrent. I just think if we trusted Christ more and walk by faith will be letting Christ work through us more, instead of us trying to decide which of our understanding, our interpitation is right with our own thinking.

Iam just saying just because some one sees God as a mother figure, then a Father and so forth, makes there opinion any more right or wrong as ours, Just another way one Sees God, and long as they love him. love Jesus and lives through Jesus that's all that matters to God, so then should be fine with us as well
Old 11-13-09, 09:20 AM
Administrator

I think we are on shaky ground when we try to remake God in our image. Humankind has lived with the ravages of sin for many millennium. It has affected us physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Personally, I enjoyed reading The Shack, but it is not a book of theology. At best, it can only be taken with a large grain of salt, and in a metaphorical sense. If you try to build your theology on what you read in that book, your theology is not going to hold up. God has shown us all that we can know about Him in His written Word, the Bible, and in the living Word, His beloved Son. To go beyond what He has revealed to us is dangerous.

Having said that much, I will add that I believe that human beings are the ones who have divided God's characteristics into male and female. This is primarily a social distinction, I think, and not necessarily an indication that God is male and female. We err when we try to put God in a gender box. He is God. He is "I AM." He is not us. It is probably natural to seek ways to identify him with who we are, but essentially, Jesus came to make that connection and be the bridge between a Holy God, and an unholy people. He is the only sure Foundation for building our theology upon.

The author never meant for it to be a theologically correct treatise. He was working through some personal issues, and he was writing a story for his children.
Old 11-13-09, 10:48 AM
Administrator

It sounds really good to say have an open mind but there are some th9ings about which God says we are not to be open minded and when it comes right down to it you would probably agree with Him about most of them such as ritual abuse claiming to be serving God, murder, adultery, demon worship, etc. In my wildest imagination I could not see you wanting anyone to be open to those things

Old 11-13-09, 04:55 PM

BTW, who came up with theology? I never saw that word in the Bible. So who came up with that word? I just find some focus on that part so much and there studys they forget how to use it, and God's word's true perpose. I mean lets say some one has studyed for 20 years and some one like me, whos never gone to seminary, any Bible collage has supposedly in IQ of 70. Does that make him right and me wrong just because he went to school for it? Or do the real answers come from the heart and reaching out in love and not try and prove whos percpective is best?

Do you get what I am trying to say? Jesus said the way to see the kingdom, to recive the Kingdom is through faith of a child. We can study all we want, but if we lose that faith of a child we lose sight of the Kingdom.

BTW I never said to agree with everything the author said, just said to be open minded, not to him, but to God speaking through him Even though I did find to be agreeing with most he said, cause its what I already belived. Ive had some of the same thoughts same questions.
Old 11-13-09, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Theology is a word that simply means information or knowledge about God. That is something that as you said can come directly from the Lord as well as or better than anywhere else in fact any theology based on anything but God's Word in the Bible is faulty. It's not the yrs of study it s the faithfulness and truthfulness to God's word that maters to Him. There are many places in the Bible that tell us this the strongest of which is Revelation 22:19.

Old 11-14-09, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Good heavens, Walker, theology is very important. Theology is simply learning about God. Your theology informs your world view. Theology is not some dry tome in a church library, it is a living, breathing relationship with the Creator, the Savior, the King of kings. Your theology tells you if you can trust Him, if He is dependable even when things look bad. You theology is what gives you hope when hope appears to be gone because of who Jesus is.
Old 11-14-09, 11:49 PM
Forgiven and Free

I have to agree with Amada. Theology is very important. Whenever we accept ideas and philosophies that contradict the truth of God's Word,the Bible,we are treading on dangerous ground.

I found a few articles that explain what I mean here.
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/shack.htm
http://crossroad.to/articles2/08/shack-klassen.htm
http://www.inplainsite.org/html/the_shack.html#Shack2

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 11-15-09, 12:12 AM

hey, i never said theoligy wasnt important, but sometimes we focus on the outside of it, instead of the inside. Another words like the pharisies we tend to focus more on the law, instead like Jesus focusing on the heart. Another words we condem instead of love,and it's love that brings out the true relationship with Christ and again I bring out faith of a child.

I dont have a problem with theoligy, Just the word sometimes when it's used to try and prove a point and bring it out the wrong way if you know what I mean. More so with a self selfrighteous ego that think there smarter then every one else on the subject

And I don't take others philosophies over God's Word and never said I did. I study Gods word just like everyone else, just might not always use the same word or words as everyone else to describe the study, but more like conversations with Christ

Last edited by Walker; 11-15-09 at 12:21 AM. Reason: more to add
Old 11-15-09, 12:31 AM
Administrator

There's a difference between acting smarter than everyone and maintaining the simple truth of God's word.

Paul wrote to the Corinthians "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. " 2Cr 11:3 The word beguile means deceive by trickery. It seems to me that things that take the simple truths of the Bible and try to turn them into something else whether changing gender or changing the ways we are to perceive God from the ways the Bible presents Him are that sort of deception drawing people away from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Old 11-15-09, 02:00 AM
Forgiven and Free

Wasn't condemning you,Walker,nor trying to come across as self-righteous. If there be ANY righteousness in me,it comes from Christ alone. I was simply stating that everything we read,listen to,whatever,should align with the truth of the Bible. In the last days,many will be deceived by false teachings and ideas,and we are all capable of falling into that trap,you and I included,if we're not very careful.

There are many different belief systems that will come down the pike that will tell us just what our ears want to hear,many will appeal to our own sense of right or wrong,or what we value as important,or will make perfect sense to our way of thinking. But what does the Bible say? If it contradicts God's Word,then something is wrong,very wrong.

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 11-15-09, 02:27 AM

never said u were self rightous whitewolf wasn't talking about anyone inberticuler, although some one in my past did come to mind and those like him. but no one from this site. BTW I speak in the name of Christ as well because I was refering to the times the pharisies came up to Jesus when Jesus was sitting with the sinners.

Tags
beguile, belief systems, bible, deceive, god, importance, jesus, simplicity, the shack, theology, universalism, woman