ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 10-15-11, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Default God's Ways

Every now and then someone thinks they are shutting down Caring Hands Ministries by refusing to do something or by something they do. First time years ago was when a person from whom we got bread to give away called the night before we were to pick up the weekly load and said they were not going to do that any more so "you'll have to close down". That would have been a lot more worrisome if less than 1/2 hour before the Lord had not had another person call and over us half a tractor trailer full of canned meat and veggies. Years have passed and that first person came back and wanted to help Caring Hands and told us over and over how it blessed her to do it. That went on till this week when she became angry with one of our clients (a veteran with 100% disability rating) when she saw him riding in a handicapped cart in a store. I would not agree with her that this was wrong so apparently I became an enemy. She was to pick up and distribute perishable food from my friend's farm that day. Instead she waited till she knew we were at doctor's office got the food and took it to the thrift store and demanded Lafaye come tend to it. That wasn't especially good for the food and meant that I had to take a day that I needed to be doing other things that had a deadline and go get others to deal with the food. In her view it also meant no more perishable food distribution. Given the source I tend to doubt that. But a little while ago as I was posting the prayer for ministries thread in The Doorway the Lord reminded me of the first situation and also reminded me that this very week He had had a man who owns a store offer us a lot of brand new toys for the community Christmas Dinner when Melanie called him about something else. I think these are the only 2 times that He has sent a load of something in advance of someone trying to shut down the ministry or part of it. I suppose we could say He was making a statement that He can provide and He can handle things. I needed the reminder.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 10-15-11, 06:05 PM
Forgiven and Free

Amen and Thank You Lord. \/ I truly believe that God is not finished with Caring Hands Ministries. You all have touched so many lives and I'm sure will touch many more. Blessings!

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 10-15-11, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Thank you
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 10-16-11, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Wow. I'm sorry - God will provide.
Old 10-16-11, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Thank you Susan. Yes He will provide and that is the exact point. This ministry is His not ours and He will do with it as He wishes. The thing most likely to end it is we get too big for our britches and start thinking we are the ones who can do it. Then there would be correction and i we would not yield to that I pray there would be a halt to it because ministry that God is not in stinks worse than dead skunks.

Adding in one more thing that Susan especially can appreciate. Had 2 grant apps to do one ours one LAMPS. Grant maker demanded a great deal of info in a very few number o words and one word over and you're out. I had our narrative done, Sat down to do LAMPS and it was just there - to the exact number of words in the first draft. It has been more than 35 yrs since I have needed to write to exact space or wordage and do it rapidly. I used to be good at it but this was not me. It was the Lord. I changed maybe 6 words on rewrite to make it tighter. This all in less than 1/2 hr so He restored the time that the locust had eaten. That of course gives me great hope that the response from grant maker will be positive. Prayers would still be very welcome.

Old 10-17-11, 01:14 AM
Forgiven and Free

Shirley,Mom and I will keep those prayers coming Ann.

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 10-17-11, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I loved hearing about the wordage, Ann. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Tags
advance, ahead of time, anger, attack, close, cooperation, destroy, eaten, food, god, god's, grant, grants, helpers, locust, peace, prepared, provision, restore, restored, source, strength, toys, ways, words