ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

Old 03-13-11, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Default Earthquakes, civil wars, murders

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. we read of Jesus saying this in Matthew 24:6 - 8 We could just as well be reading the news or watching TV. Every day we see and hear news that can frighten us or bring us to our knees. It may be international like the earthquakes and floods, it may be the threat of nuclear explosions, civil wars in the oil producing areas, economic collapse almost everywhere, murder of people just because they walk with Jesus just across our southern border or people here threatening to shoot other people just because they look different or are from somewhere else.

What can what should we do about it? God promised "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 Will we do that or will we go on just one day after the next saying o isn't tat terrible, maybe being afraid or angry or feeling sort of lost but doing nothing?

Please let's help each other reach out to God with humble hearts and really call on Him expecting answers that can transform our lives and our nation and our world. It's not always going to hit the other guy if we don't hit our knees spiritually if not physically.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-14-11, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Father please help the people of Japan. Only YOU can really help. This is such an awful devastating thing. It is beyond our human comprehension at least this far away and yet we're overwhelmed. Protect the children please. Give food and shelter and protection from radioactivity. Help the leaders and relief workers to know what to do and how to do it. Please please let this somehow be something that causes people to cry out to Jesus Christ and be saved not to false gods or human effort that only brings worse. Please help Father no one can help but You. Only Your Holy Spirit can cause people to come to Jesus. Thank You. Thank You for the TMCI folks that are helping there please help them to be effective sharing the help and sharing Jesus.

note this post has been copied to a separate prayer for Japan thread here too
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com