ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 08-15-17, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Default Fear

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. " 2Timothy 1:7 so God is teling us that fear is a spirit. If fear is a spirit and it desn't come from God where does it come from and what do we do about it? Sometimes our own imaginations and thought habits Jesus told us in 2Corinthians 10:5 to Cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; Sometimes from devil, Jesus also tells us in Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. " He means for us to use that power and walk in the peace He gives us (John 14:27) and remnd ourselves of His gifts to us every time we start to worry or be afraid until respondng in His word becomes our automatic habit.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-15-17, 11:31 PM
Administrator

I need to start again writing scriptures I'm trying to learn to live on post it notes or posters and putting n the bathroom mirror the dashboard of the car, and on the computer. so I see them all the time. Isaiah 43:1-2 is nothr one that helps us come against fear. Which scritures help you overcome fear?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 08-20-17, 09:35 PM
ILJ Addict

what do you find yourself afraid of Ann? i think faith is a great response to fear. they seem to me to be almost but not quite opposites.
Old 08-25-17, 03:07 PM
Administrator

For me its not so much being afraid of this or that specific thing as a matter of whether fear is first response to specific things and situations. Example: narrow mountain roads w out shoulders and large trucks driving faster than speed limit seemingly not planning to slow down or promised finances that do not come for the ministry. For a friend there is terror she may loose another child to suicide to point she gives in on everything and for another its spiders but for each of us we need to focus first and continually on Jesus.

Tags
authority, bible, fear, jesus, our response, peace