ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 03-29-14, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default Charles is home and seems to be doing well now the van is very sick

I say home loosely to me its home when we are together. For now home is the back area of the ministry office due to my foolishness in trusting someone who I thought was going to help make our trailer ready to live in and either couldn't do it correctly or chose not to. Yet it is pretty much OK we have a nonleaky roof, clothes, food, cats, friends who have checked on us and one who I think held up the Easter Bunny ti be sure neither sweet tooth nor low blood glucose could harm us. I got the best sleep I've had in a long time last night. I have the office futon and Charles hospital type bed is here. Charles will be ministering at Appalachian Hope Center Sunday for the first time in almost 9 months.

Its a good thing that the church is in the front part of this office and not off somewhere because the van is very sick. It appears there was an error in the wiring of the wheel chair carrier. Of course I want your prayers but even more I want to tell you the wonder of God's timing. The carrier has been on about a week but was not usable because it needed a switch to make it go down so the chair could load. That got done Wed evening. Tuesday someone who used to volunteer at the ministry stopped by and I ended up eating w her and her family at Papa's Pizza. Her dad has a lawnmower hauler and has moved things for us and since the van was not yet able to carry the wheelchair and I was uneasy about it being ready I asked him what he would charge to go to the nursing and rehab and bring back Charles' power chair if it did not get ready. Wed about 8:30 the wheelchair hauler was working but the uneasiness persisted so I called him and explained and he agreed to go with me Thurs AM. We got home OK and I tried the power chair on the hauler and it seemed to work fine, a close r fit than I woukld have liked but it worked. A bit after 6:30 Charles discovered the nursing hime had not sent his insulin and I made a run to the pharmacy being thankful that it did not close till 7. Of course his old prescriptions were expired and the nursing hime was not very helpfull when the pharmacist called them but the pharmasist knew which insulin was needed and advanced us us a bottle and syranges. I got back here pulled almost all the way into the parking space and the van went totally dead. It does not just need to be jumped. The cables are not corroded. It is from the wiring. But God did not let it mess up till we had all we needed.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-31-14, 10:06 PM
Administrator

xoxo