ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > The Doorway

View Poll Results: Gov. Perry says America must turn to God. What do you think?
He's right God is our only hope 2 66.67%
This mess is too big even for God 0 0%
America was founded with God's help and we need God's help to keep going 1 33.33%
America has come under God's judgment and nothing can change that 0 0%
It's just political grand standing 1 33.33%
Prayer can change anything 1 33.33%
Prayer can't change anything 0 0%
I prayed for America and will keep praying 1 33.33%
I just can't pray for Obama 0 0%
If you want to pray pray to Allah 0 0%
I don't know but am concerned 0 0%
I couldn't care less 0 0%
what gathering 0 0%
what is prayer 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-11, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Default TX Governor Rick Perry says America must turn to God for answers. What do you say?

Perry hosted a 30,000 person prayer gathering today to pray for God's mercy and direction for America and to pray for President Obama and his family. It is Perry's belief that Americans must turn to God or America will perish. What is your opinion? Please comment as well as taking part in the poll.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-07-11, 09:31 PM

I think Obama was allowed to come to power to ruin the United States. Not sure why, except recently I saw a facebook friend of mine who is a missionary comment that they can't wait to get back to China because the people there are actually excited about Jesus. Compared to most of the world we are filthy rich and our "stuff" comes before God, our physical comforts enable us to ignore our need for Him, and because we're human, we do. I don't think He cares for that, and who could blame Him? Maybe if we're brought low we'll think of Him again. As they say, "There are no atheists in foxholes".

I do think that God cares and loves us and we do of course need to pray for our leaders and country. How God will answer those prayers, I don't know. I know if we rely on Him personally, we don't have to worry.
Old 08-07-11, 10:53 PM
ILJ Addict

I have a difficult time supporting or believing in any politician these days. Hard to tell if they are sincere or only saying what they need to say in order to serve their own agenda. Sadly, it seems our government is no longer "for the people", but rather for themselves. Until that attitude changes, then I don't see things getting much better.
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39
Old 08-08-11, 01:27 AM
Administrator

How can we get it better?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 08-08-11, 12:52 PM
Administrator

"We" can't.

It began when Nixon took us off the gold standard, and Reagan encouraged people with his tax cuts to spend instead of save to "boost the economy." And the government hasn't properly indexed taxes for inflation since they passed the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) during Reagan's reign, and again during Clinton's.

Quote:
In order to raise enough money to make their plan look like it won't add to the deficit, House Democrats have deliberately not indexed two main tax features of their plan: the $500,000 threshold for the 5.4-percentage-point income tax surcharge; and the payroll level at which small businesses must pay a new 8% tax penalty for not offering health insurance.
from Healthcare Bill Doesn't Index for Inflation

It's time to do an internet search on how people survived during the Great Depression. We're already more than halfway there. ObamaCare is coming from your paycheck (if you are still fortunate enough to have one) soon. And I believe it could be a lot worse than the Great Depression due to the way our culture has changed since then. They didn't have credit card debt; Americans now have hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

God may choose to intervene - or He may not. If He does, things might begin to look better in a couple of years.
Old 08-08-11, 01:26 PM
ILJ Addict

Voting our current politicians out next election would be a start. Maybe if we the people sent them a clear message that we're no longer going to put up with their self-serving tactics, then just maybe it would wake them up and get them to start actually working in the best interest our country. The problem of course, is getting people to do it. Lots of folks love to complain but don't realize (or care) that they have the power to change things.
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39
Old 08-10-11, 10:35 AM

Governor Perry helped me years ago with a serious matter. I was here in North Georgia and my son was missing in Texas. I couldn't get help from law enforcement there or anyone else. I contacted Gov. Perry's office and he responded immediately. I'm so grateful to him for his help. I said then that if he ever ran for office that I would do what I could to help him. I think he really is a true Christian with a strong love for families. I hope he does decide to run for president. He's right about God being our hope.
Old 10-09-11, 02:38 PM
Administrator

what are your thoughts now?

Old 10-09-11, 08:17 PM
Administrator

I have a bad feeling about Perry. I know I have a reason somewhere around here, but I don't know where it is right now. My family was here all afternoon celebrating my son's 24th birthday (not sure when that happened, either). I will not vote for him. Herman Cain sounds interesting, though.

Tags
america, direction, god, governor, hope, mercy, obama, opinion, perish, perry, political, prayer, president, rick perry, texas, turn