ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Old 12-13-11, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default There shall be showers of turkeys

At Thanksgiving Caring Hands Ministries was blessed with 144 turkeys plus 56 Homeland Military Relief boxes each containing a turkey -200 turkeys in all. We gave away most of them including all the Homeland Food Boxes* Some were saved for the community Christmas Dinner. Now we unexpectedly have more turkey coming -388 cases 4 turkeys to the case=1552 turkeys. Half will go to LAMP per Americans Helping American's who are sending them. Called Ricky and asked him if he was praying or turkey and he aid no but a friend of his was bec they had none for an annual dinner they do. So we can share with them and bless even more people. It amazes me how God works and put things together. \0/

http://www.helpingamericans.org/hono...-veterans.html
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 12-13-11, 04:13 PM
Administrator

\o/
Old 12-13-11, 04:24 PM
Forgiven and Free

\/

"Our lives end when we become silent about the things that matter."--Martin Luther
Old 12-13-11, 05:53 PM
Old Greybeard

Amen!!!!

Create in me a clean heart,
O God; and renew a right
spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet - No man is more deaf than he who will not hear
Old 12-15-11, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Today was absolutely amazing. We had at least 11 ministries sharing in this blessing. In addition to the turkeys we had another truck come in with 175 adult coats, 125 children's coats, 436 blankets, and 512 toys. At that point Brittany was there w/ 2 friends, Terry and Lafaye and their other 3 girls and 3 people from another ministry were there too. Never seen boxes move so fast in my life. Some of these ministries had prayed for turkeys to give away. God is so amazing.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 12-15-11, 11:45 PM
Old Greybeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Today was absolutely amazing. We had at least 11 ministries sharing in this blessing. In addition to the turkeys we had another truck come in with 175 adult coats, 125 children's coats, 436 blankets, and 512 toys. At that point Brittany was there w/ 2 friends, Terry and Lafaye and their other 3 girls and 3 people from another ministry were there too. Never seen boxes move so fast in my life. Some of these ministries had prayed for turkeys to give away. God is so amazing.

That is so truly awesome!!!!

Praise You Father for blessing Your precious children!!!!!!

Create in me a clean heart,
O God; and renew a right
spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet - No man is more deaf than he who will not hear
Old 12-16-11, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Thanking the Lord for this wonderful outpouring.
Old 12-16-11, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Just have to share this part: We had the office as cold as we could get it to keep the turkeys from thawing. This is December and I kept going outside because it was warmer. Charles and I decided to go next door to Papa's Pizza to eat and get warm only to find the floors being cleaned and buffed and chairs up on tables. As we came through the door the Lord spoke to me about the man cleaning floors "He needs turkey". I am not good at walking up to total strangers and asking if they want a turkey but the nudges didn't go away. His wife was there helping him so finally a asked her. They came on over to the office and agreed they could take a few to share. That led to a few more. Turns out they had been praying for turkeys to give away. He gave me some info on his church and I believe God is making a connection there.

Old 12-16-11, 10:08 PM
Administrator

^like^
Old 12-17-11, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Fellow came down from Matthew 25 Ministry in Blairsviille and got 168. I can see clear space...actually all but 108 are gone or in the freezers at Papa's or at office and that 108 have "homes" and will be picked up betw 5 and 6:30 AM

Tags
american helping american, bless, blessing, caring hands ministries, christmas, dinner, god's provision, homeland military relief, showers, thankgiving, turkeys