ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 03-27-17, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Question How can we help people especially teens to be less vulnerable to suiide?

For reasons I don't understand spring seems to bring a lot of tries at suicide at least in this area. Spring is not the only time but it seems to be a pattern. How can we help. What can we as individuals and perhaps as a group of Christians do to help make people less vulnerable to this?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 03-29-17, 02:19 AM
ILJ Addict

unfortunately society, the internet and social media are leading to more mental health problems amongst youngsters. you might consider having an evening for teens to just socialize in a normal old-fashioned way? otherwise prayer.
Old 03-29-17, 03:15 PM
Administrator

prayer for sure the evening sounds like a good idea we are not equipped to do it - I currently can not even drive due to accident last summer but can share the idea w some who can. I like socialize not just listen to a concert
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 04-15-17, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
For reasons I don't understand spring seems to bring a lot of tries at suicide at least in this area. Spring is not the only time but it seems to be a pattern. How can we help. What can we as individuals and perhaps as a group of Christians do to help make people less vulnerable to this?
Suicides "Peak" in the Late fall/Spring (not at Christmas as some folks believe) as a statistic.

The reason I didn't kill myself as a 'teen back in the late '50s / early '60s was largely something that my Aunt Martha told me. She said, that while she understood my despair, I should bear in mind that Christians "Get to forget" -

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

BUT since I wasn't a Christian (at the time) If I "offed myself", then I would be frozen for eternity in the agony that caused me to take my life to begin with.

Whether that's a "scripturally supportable Argument" or not isn't important. The very THOUGHT of such a thing kept me alive until 1963, when I was Born again, and while I'm still a "Clinical depressive", I'm not suicidal any more.
Old 04-15-17, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Major points for your aunt.
The fall suicide stat is true .cost placed but here especially w young people both running away and suicide go up markedly when the spring warmth hits. Could maybe guess but no strong info on why.

Old 04-16-17, 03:40 PM

Exclamation

Please pray for a disabled veteran who has locked himself in his camper His mom has been fearing suicide for weeks but is afraid if he is just asleep and she wakes him it will trigger more pain. IMO the mom needs prayer as much or more than he does she is so focused on fear he will hurt himself and on who is to blame
Old 04-18-17, 05:47 AM
ILJ Addict

Your will be done Father.
Old 04-20-17, 03:25 PM

He got up and cooked Easter Dinner for his family and for us so I'm taking that as a very good sign that God is working