ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Ask A Pastor

Notices

Old 06-08-15, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Default What's the big deal

My friend says I need to "get saved" or I will go to hell. I am a good person. I don't hurt anybody much. I try to help people out when I can. Isn't all that enough?
Old 06-08-15, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Hello welcome to iljboards.

God is 100% righteous and nothing and no one that is not 100% righteous can stand in his presence. Anything or anyone that has sin attached would be destroyed by the sheer force of his righteousness. That makes problem because none of us can be 100% righteous 100% of the time in our own strength no matter how hard we might try. You sound like you try to be a really good person. You may go days or weeks without letting anybody make you mad or telling a fib to keep from hurting someone's feelings or anything like that. Then one day things do get to you and you are so tempted to tell somebody off. Or maybe you are in the store and realize on the way home that you bought two packages of hamburger but they only charged for one and it is just too much trouble to go back so you say you'll keep the receipt and pay them next time only you forget. God's word the Bible says "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." That is in James 2 verse 10 The Bible also tells us that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and the wages of sin is death. That is the really bad news. The good news is but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. You can read that for yourself in Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23. Everyone of us has sinned sometime some how. Sin gets us to hell not heaven. Jesus came to earth and lived without sin because he was the Son of God and he could do that. Then he took our sin all of it and took the punishment for it all on the cross. He died for what we did. Then He rose again to prove that because of Him and only because of Him we can come into God's presence without being destroyed.

Jesus does not force us to receive Him or to take His righteousness. But who wouldn't want to? Especially a person like you who tries to be good and do right. It's like you had a problem and needed to borrow $100,000 to solve it but you couldn't pay it back and the interest kept adding up and up to almost $100,000,000, then a friend came and said here's a check for all you owe. Would you take the check and cash it and be glad your debt was paid or would you put it in a drawer somewhere and keep worrying about the debt? We all have this sin debt. We can't pay it. Jesus already paid for it. Now it is our choice do we accept what he did for us and say thanks or do we just ignore it?

If you want the benefit of what Jesus did for you just tell him so. You can pray in your own words or say something like. Jesus I tried to be so good and yet I am not perfect. I know I can't be perfect on my own. I know y sin will keep me away from God and send me to Hell. I know you came and died for me to take care of that. I want You and what You did for me. Please come into my heart and help me. Please save me. I promise you that if you pray like that Jesus will do it. You may feel very emotional or you may not but if you come to Jesus He will save you. Please post back and let me know if you prayed this way. God bless you.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 06-10-15, 06:19 PM

No it's not enough. You must be born again. God took on the form of a human and came to earth through the virgin birth when Jesus was born to Mary. He walked this earth demonstrating God's love, God's power and God's salvation. Most of the Jewish religious leadership rejected Jesus. They had Him hung in a cross. On that cross He took our sins upon him and died and was resurrected after 3 days. He stayed with His disciples for 40 days teaching hem how to preach the gospel and help people get saved. Today people are still sharing the gospel of Jesus ton the lost world and telling them the need to get saved and how to get saved. God shed his own blood in Jesus Christ that we could be saved. God sent His Son into the world not to condemn the world but to bring life. We must ask the Father to forgive us of our sins in Jesus name and invite Jesus into our hearts to be saved or born again. You don't have to clean yourself up first Jesus will help you do that after he comes into your heart.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com