ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Music

Notices

Old 06-06-04, 02:51 PM

Talking Introducing myself :-)

HI :-) I am Jessica and I live in VA. I have been a christian since I was 9 and I am looking for some christian friends to chat with and know :-) I love to read, write and sing...among other things :-) drop me a line to learn more. Take care and God bless you!
Old 06-18-04, 04:05 PM

hi. my names Alex. I'm Roman Catholic, i'll be 14 on the 22nd, and i live in California. Oh, and my favorite food is kentucky fried chicken. i like the colors blue and teal, and i like to watch comedy movies. i'm kinda shy, but once you get to know me, i'm pretty loud. i love rollerblading, rollercoasters, writing, and i really love the band Relient K.
Old 06-27-04, 07:46 PM
ILJ Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by transparent
My name's Dave, I live in northwest Missouri, I'm 41(old!)
I'm a song writer/drummer/singer My bands name is
Transparent Heart (heb.4:12-13) www.transparentheart.com
I'm married have 3 kids from previous marrage and 3 step-childern
I was a pastor for 10 years but had to resign because of divorce
I was in depression to the point of suicide...but God had other
plans for me. Thats what the band, it's music,it's ministry are all about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
conviction,I gotta make amends,to heal the wounds,caused by
all my sins,to clean the blood from every page,from the story of
the man in the mirror!

can I lie to myself,or is the truth to plane to see;
what can I hide in my transparent heart that conviction;
won't make evident to me!
What is Transparent Heart, a Christian music group?
Old 06-27-04, 07:52 PM
ILJ Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by thewritestuff21
i would be mel
14 a massive relient k fan although i like a bunch of other bands too i can play the piano and the guitar (well sort of lol) some of my friends and i r trying to start a band i dunno wat we're going to name it i like writing stories and songs i have a physco dog named lilly and some really good friends (lol brant and britt ) and uhhhhh i guess that's about it!
~mel~
Janna
Interests Cooking, reading, going to church, going to the movies, writing Chrisyour message.
friends.
Old 07-03-04, 11:10 AM

Default What has gone wrong?

Hi, I'm a forty five year old man who has very little time and interest for and in the phenomena dubbed Contemporary Christian Music. I know it might unsettle people, but I find it intensely divisive in the form of loud quasi-rock arrangements inside churches, disrespectful to Our Saviour when it confuses sexual love and agape-love ("My J EEESUS , my comfort."..it's ghastly IMHO) and dishonest when it preaches things that are not true ("We are one in the Spirit...know we are Christians by our love"?)

I came out of contact with the charismatic movement,because I couldn't stand any more of these worship songs, but they have not gone away.They carry on unabated complete with the right headgear (my cynicism) and mindless actions in far too many churches.Sorry,but I don't want to address God in a trance that just never stops and blows out your eardrums.

I promise to say something positive, but if you're wondering about my bid for the worst song ever used by Christians (it's pre-charismatic, but actually full of heresy) it has to be the unbearable "Lord of the Dance" I don't think I'm alone in really thinking that one is dire.

I sang in church choir for about fifteen years. A charismatically influenced incumbent soon changed my enthusiasms.I like theologically strong hymns,not ones that are only pretending to be.The most powerful pieces of religious music remain for me Handel's Messiah (which I've sung in ) and Bach's S Matthew Passion (tears me to bits).Frank and Gounod are totally downgrade in comparison, Mozart did not do too badly with "Ave Verum Corpus" but it's a test piece.No no no to "Ave Maria" ...

I'm not impressed by the virtual reality special effected and affected Songs of Praise on TV, where floaty girls flit through landscapes supposedly singing about the latest fad which is "Celtic" Christianity.It's ludicrous.Radio hymns also leave me rather cold, but their presentation is not as irritaing.

Just as one model:Timothy Dudley Smith rewrote "My soul doth magnify" as "Tell out my soul" , just compare its craft and structure with what modern hymnologists do.They load words together like ingredients to a hamburger..Every cliche stuffs line upon line...Some of them are just badly bound titles of Jesus. The old fashioned word was not hymn, it was litany.

I'm looking for inspiration here, someone to convince me without an electronic organ and an overhead projector the point of crashing gongs and tinkling cymbals.

I live in hope in N W England and I'm happy to say that this post proves one thing that my registration bug of earlier is cleared.

You can e-mail or private message me in the usual manner.
Old 07-03-04, 12:06 PM
Missionary to Kenya

Hello. My name is Jeff.

I am now 26 years old and have been for 72 hours now.

I became a Christian when I was 16 years old and came out of a non-christian alchoholic home.

I attended a Community College in Illinois and got involved with a Campus Ministry and decided to go on a missions project to Mexico. I went mainly to go to another country for cheap. But God used this to change the direction of my life. I was looking at being a computer networking guru, but He revealed to me He had other plans. I wasn't really sure what a missionary was but I knew he was asking me to be one.

So after I graduated from Community College I attended Minnesota Bible College and graduated in 2002. I expected by this time to know where I was going and what I was going to do but I was at a loss.

In 2003 I began serving with New Mission Systems International as Director of Short-Term Projects. Througn a lot of prayer, and mentorship it has become clear to me that I am going to Kenya. And over the past year God has also answered my most frequent prayer, for a wife. I met my fiance Jaime at NMSI and we are getting married this year and planning to leave for Kenya in 2005.

Other tidbits about me:

I have been coming to ILJ for over a year now, but don't always post often.

I play acoustic guitar well, but haven't the slightest clue about music theory.

I like politics. I like Linux. I dislike Microsoft as a corporation. I have a bottle of windex on my desk as I type this.

And.... I have a website that has pictures and other tidbits of info about myself and my fiance. http://www.thebristows.com

If you would like to chat with me I usually have my IM program running 24/7.

Jeff
The Bristows Dot Com

Old 07-04-04, 12:29 AM
ILJ Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amehxican
Hello. My name is Jeff.

I am now 26 years old and have been for 72 hours now.

I became a Christian when I was 16 years old and came out of a non-christian alchoholic home.

I attended a Community College in Illinois and got involved with a Campus Ministry and decided to go on a missions project to Mexico. I went mainly to go to another country for cheap. But God used this to change the direction of my life. I was looking at being a computer networking guru, but He revealed to me He had other plans. I wasn't really sure what a missionary was but I knew he was asking me to be one.

So after I graduated from Community College I attended Minnesota Bible College and graduated in 2002. I expected by this time to know where I was going and what I was going to do but I was at a loss.

In 2003 I began serving with New Mission Systems International as Director of Short-Term Projects. Througn a lot of prayer, and mentorship it has become clear to me that I am going to Kenya. And over the past year God has also answered my most frequent prayer, for a wife. I met my fiance Jaime at NMSI and we are getting married this year and planning to leave for Kenya in 2005.

Other tidbits about me:

I have been coming to ILJ for over a year now, but don't always post often.

I play acoustic guitar well, but haven't the slightest clue about music theory.

I like politics. I like Linux. I dislike Microsoft as a corporation. I have a bottle of windex on my desk as I type this.

And.... I have a website that has pictures and other tidbits of info about myself and my fiance. http://www.thebristows.com

If you would like to chat with me I usually have my IM program running 24/7.
Jeff, seeing that you came from an enviroment of alcohol abuse, and survived, you are the perfect person to touch the lives of kids whose parents, siblings, etc, are into alcohol. The kids will realize that if Jeff did it, so can I. IMHO.
Old 08-02-04, 04:10 AM

I'm Kristine
I live in Washington
I'm obsessed with radio contests
I have won 37 Radio contests this year
I like kickboxing
I want to be a photographer, radio DJ, or teacher
I have met Jessica Simpson
I went to creation 2002
I have like 1000 songs on my ipod
I love music
I am a computer dork
Old 08-06-04, 04:47 PM

Hi, I just joined... My name's Jessica. I am 19 years old. I am going to be a freshman at Camden County College at the end of August and I really like listening to music and researching about different groups and stuff. Some of my favorite groups are Relient K, Switchfoot, Pillar, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith (among many others. lol)
Old 08-06-04, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Hey, welcome to the bds.
Old 08-21-04, 08:04 PM

Default wooooohoooooooo!

JESUS RULES! www.magnimusic.com come chek out what GOD has created we are heavy and bring it to you.......
Old 08-29-04, 09:15 PM

Default Opps another introduction

I thought there was only one on the welcome board. Shows you how well I find my directions around here.

You can call me Rose (not my real name but if you want a name to go by. I never give out my real name online because I have never felt comfortable doing so. Just so you know the truth.)

What can I say I love Music especially christian music. I don't play an instrument yet. I would like to learn the guitar one of these days. I like the guitar because it's not as big as a piano. I used to play the piano but that was just beginner lessons. I liked playing mashed potatoe or what ever the song was called with my sister for fun. ........I forget and I am not even sure if I got the name right.

Didn't learn piano tho and it got sold down the road. Pretty heavy piano too not something you want to find your foot caught under. I love to sing and have sang in my elementary, broadcast, church choir in my youth. In the past I used to sing praise tunes with a few people and also some songs on my own on the subway.

I could sense a real need there and miss it because I don't get around as well as I used to and hope some other crazy nut christian (like my self) is singing on the subway out there in my place. It was a little ministry for me besides some street ministry I would do. I usually did this alone because I couldn't always call on anyone else to go out with me. Lately I have had to stop because of personal reasons.

Thats about it for now.
Old 10-19-04, 06:23 PM

Smile

Hi. I'm Liz. I'm new on this board.
I'm 17.
I live in St. Paul, MN
I play the violin
I sing; I'm not currently doing any voice lessons
I'm a senior in high school
I want to be an engineer; don't know what kind, I was thinking either mechanical or civil.
I'm in the church choir
I attend a Lutheran Church
I was raised in a Christian family
I've been a saved Christian since freshmen year
I've been wanting to join a message board for awhile but haven't had the time. Now I finally do, hopefully I can post fairly often.
I love contemporary Christian music such as; Steven Curtis Chapman, MercyMe, Third Day, Newsboys, Delerious?, Tree63, Avalon, Micheal W. Smith...I could go on for awhile.
I have never been to a concert. :-( Steven Curtis Chapman is in town in early November, but I'll be out of town that weekend, I was really mad about that. oh well.

Well, that's all I can think of for now.

~Liz
Old 11-22-04, 02:00 PM

I'm lyzz...

I pretend to play guitar
I make joyful noises that only God would find joyful
I work at an awsome summer camp Word of Life RANCH this will be my third summer
Senior in high school
Hope to attend Word of Life Bible Inst. this fall
Casting Crowns FREAK alos like Jars of Clay, MercyMe, Rachel Lampa, Jennifer Knapp
Chocolate is my favorite food group

To forgive is to set a prisoner free, and realize the prisoner was you.
Old 12-08-04, 06:25 PM
Back_Flip

I'm "flippy".
I'm 11 years old.
I don't play anything but hope to learn guitar.
My favorite band is Skillet!
I'm homeschooled
I thinks that's about it