ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Question of the week

Notices

Old 04-10-17, 06:07 PM

Question What does Easter mean to you?

What does Easter mean to you?
Old 04-13-17, 12:40 AM
Administrator

To me Easter and Resurrection Day are very different matters. Resurrection Day celebrates the victory of my Lord Jesus Christ over sin hell and the grave. It commemorates proof that the sacrifice he made to free me from the penalty and the compulsions of my sin was and is very much for real.

easter - egg laying rabbits, candy chicks, dyed eggs etc.- is derived from a pagan fertility rite and the goddess eastre. It is celebrating every thing Jesus came to free us from. Yes egg painting used to be fun and I loved new dresses but then I learned what it was all about. And also learned of the glory and the power of Jesus resurrection. That made painted eggs look very pale.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 04-15-17, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Feeder View Post
What does Easter mean to you?
Personally it's "just another Holiday" of no spiritual importance to me whatsoever.

I don't DO "pagentry", and "Religious Rituals" any more that I have to ,and I always give up LENT for "lent".

Sure I realize the historical significance - Jesus Died, Took MY sin to the grave, and then rose from the dead which CONFIRMS that Salvation is now REAL and Available by faith.

SO, we do observe it casually with the whacky Catholic Schedule (try explaining to your kids how 3 days and three nights fit into "Friday evening to Sunday morning" without looking foolish).

SO let's just get it OVER WITH, and move on. The AG doesn't make a big deal of it, and if we feel like getting Liturgical, there's a nice Methodist Church in Midlothian that does the pagentry/ritual stuff nicely.
Old 04-15-17, 01:45 PM
Administrator

3 days makes sense to the Jewish mind of the time. The evening and the morning = a day. Is day starts at sundown and if it happens on a day or any part of a day that day counts. So there is Friday ( day1) on which Jesus was crucified Saturday (day2) Sunday , the day Jesus rose (day3) and it is clear in scripture that the rising happen after the first breaking of dawnas one reads the biblical accounts. So Friday Saturday and Sunday are 3_days.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com

Tags
easter