ILJ BoardsAutomatic registration has been closed. If you would like to become a member here, please email iljboards@yahoo.com  

Go Back   ILJ Boards > Community > Christian Fellowship

Notices

Old 08-17-08, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Default Kids left behind

When parents who are said to be undocumented or illegal are arrested and sent out of the country or incarcerated there are sometimes children left behind. I don't know whether ICE is not trying to find out if there are kids or if since often the kids are citizens they don't cincern themselves with them or if the parents don't bring up having kids or ???. What I do know is that kids 5 and younger are being left here with no provision for their care. Some are young enough so they have no idea where mommie went. Sometimes the ppl who end up with them are very good kind people probably sometimes they are not. This breaks my heart for these kids. I can remember one Christmas when my mom was in the hospital my aunt and uncle picked me up for the dsay and then in late afternoon as it was getting dark dropped me off at our house. I went in and no one was there. It was dark. Daddy's room was empty and my grandmother wasn't there either. I spent that nght under my father's bed hiding and crying. Later I found out Daddy had been rushed to the hospital and grandma went with him in the ambulence and didn't have a way to get back. She assumed my uncle (her son) would come in to see her when they brought me back and if no one was there would take me back with them. This gives me just a tiny hint of what these kids must feel and I was 8or 9 not 5 or younger. One 5 yr old child I heard about last night was alone for more than a week before someone found them. I knew that happened maybe once in a great while but now it is becoming common in this area and probably others. I know of at least 9 such kids with in 2 square miles.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-20-08, 02:59 AM
Administrator

sigh make that 12 kids

What do you think our response as the Lord's people should be to things like this?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

Old 08-20-08, 01:12 PM
ILJ Addict

I feel terribly for these children. I do. They are innocent and did nothing to deserve being left behind. However, I have very little compassion for the parents. They knew exactly what they were doing when they came here illegally and brought a child into the situation. They also knew the consequences if they got caught. Not saying that the kids shouldn't be reunited with their parents. But I do think the parents should be held somewhat accountable.

Not really sure what should be done about the kids in the meantime. Illegal immigration is not that big of a problem around here so I have no idea how these things work.
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39
Old 08-21-08, 01:44 AM
Administrator

The situation for some parents certainly is they should have known better. Others were themselves brought here as young chldren some as young as Hayden or younger but were not born here and there has been no route to citizenship or residency for them bec they were minors at the time of the last amnesty. They know no other country as home, some do not even speak any Spanish or Portuguese. Some like one man we know of are from areas where there is such poverty that children are dying on the open ground. Storms and floods destroyed the homes and washed away the top soil and almost no food will grow. This in turn has led to pollution of water sources. The storms were 3+ yrs ago and there has been no relief effort. His wife died during the storms. He knew what he did in bringing his chldren here was wrong but the day 4 children in his village died of hunger and sickness he strapped the youngest to his back took the other 2 by the hands and started walking north. By what he calls Christ's mercy no one stopped him except 2 old ladies who gave the children water and peanut butter sandwiches and a tomato. I am not sure at all I would not have done the same. He is sent back now or in prison waiting to be sent but he knows that for now his kids are safe and have food and that if a relative here legally can adopt them they can stay here. He knows they are alive and eating every day and have something to wear and the older ones can go to school. They do not know where he is and every day they cry for him. This is more drastic than many but for almost all who come the choice to them is not do I sit comfortably in a decent home with food to eat in Mexco or Venezuela or wherever or do a crime to come to the USA. It is that there is nothing there to do to grow to advance to try to make a life often not enough food no decent place to live. For the those from Venezuela it is also that if they are known to pray or listen to someone read a Bible they risk imprisonment or death. If they are known to have come here and go back for any reason there is an almost certain death awaiting them and awaiting any family who receive them there.

For many parents they would risk their lives 100 times so that their children could grow up in America and pray that by the time they are grown there will be a Dream Act en.wikipedia.org/wikl/DREAM_ACT or some way that a child who is an American in every way but birth can live here and be safe and work and give back to the country they love with such a passion.

It seems so strange to me that when I was a child people who left poverty and oppression and risked their lives to come to America were heros. Today they're criminals. My grandfather was such a man. He did not adjust well to America but one of his son's became first a police officer and later a fireman and the other, my dad, became a pharmacist and winner of many awards. I look at Eric's family and see my own reflected. His dad gained citizenship but only after he met Christ personally did he adjust to being here and even then it was hard but better than the place he came from. His son like my uncle and my dad had a hard time growing up bec of his dad's ways but now in his mid 20's he is a very successful manager for a communications co and an evangelist.

But all of that being whatever it is please pray for these children and if anyone knows a way to safely find and help or to leave some food and juice or water where such children are please do.

Last edited by Ann; 08-21-08 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-21-08, 11:41 PM

Does anyone know any organizations helping with this? We know one in N GA that is very overloaded right now but there have got to be others somewhere in the US.
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com
Old 08-26-08, 09:24 PM
Administrator

How do these fit this situation or do they?
Exodus 22:21- 24 "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless."

Exodus 23:9 "Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt."

Leviticus 19:33 "And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him."

Leviticus 19:34 "But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God."

Matthew 25:34,35, 40,41,42,43,44,45 "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:" ..."And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. "Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

Malachai 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I change not...."

Old 08-30-08, 03:25 AM

Took some clothes and things over for for the kids. Others are taking food. What is happening where you are?
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature Matthew 16:15

Come visit us at http://www.caringhandsministries.com

Tags
abandoned, afraid, children, christian responsibility, deportation, dream act, hispanic, ice, illegal, imigrants, immigrant children, ins, undocumented