Thread: Bible promises
View Single Post
Old 12-19-16, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Hello Rachael I see much pain in what you have shared. There is much that we do not understand ,may never fully understand in this life and many promises do have conditions Isaiah 26:3 for example "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." That peace is based on being stayed (continually and consistently focused) on God. Too often like Peter we get out of the boat with a strong desire to do what we see in Jesus and do fine until the wind and waves of life distract our attention and we focus on them and not on Him. It's really all in Him. We may try to reach or please Him by living a holy or religious life by doing all the right things. The truth is that our relationship with God does not come from that at all but rather true holiness comes out of our relationship with God and that relationship in turn is not based in what we do but on what our Lord Jesus Christ has already done. We can not make ourselves holy or deserving of God's blessings promises only Jesus sacrifice for us can do that.

We also tend to see with world eyes. What kind of a blessing or what kind of love would let one's only begotten Son suffer and die victim of false accusations clearly not getting the benefits that "ought" to come with heavenly sonship? The Bible itself says in Acts 8:33 that Jesus did not receive fair trial justice. But o the glory and the power that resulted from that injustice that he suffered. A way was made out of the depth of sin into a heavenly relationship with God.

I don't know in my own life in all which things I have failed to keep well focused, in which I have not done the basic natural health necessities or done what I should not have like lifting a too heavy patient, and which may be the diamond dust that polishes and shapes me or someone else into His image. But this I do know Jesus came to earth in human form, lived a sinless life yet chose to die for my sins and yours and everyone else's and sacrificed Himself to pay for my wrongs and my sin nature then He rose in triumph from the dead and invited and welcomes me to come to Him and walk with him in this human lifetime and into all eternity. For me that is enough - more than enough
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com