View Single Post
Old 09-20-08, 01:21 PM
God is so Good

I certainly understand your feelings about your family..

And the thing that comes to my heart to share with you is that I had walked close to the Lord for many years before I knew it was ok to be angry..
He tells us to be angry but not to sin..
The sin is to let that anger do harm to yourself and to others..
And Your feelings..can't trust those feelings sometimes..

Sometimes you have to make the choice to go by faith and not feelings..
God says He is near you..He is..
God says you are a new creation in Christ Jesus ...you are..
God says you are able overcome all things , you can in His Holy Spirit..

The same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead dwells in you...
How awesome is this...
and you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you..

The Word of God is so important to our walk when our feelings betray us..

If you have chosen forgiveness, as Corrie Ten Boom is noted to say, when you stop ringing a bell it will still sound a bit before it stops all together..or something like that..
In your forgiveness you have stopped ringing that bell of unforgiveness..
When you hear the sound of it ..remember you have forgiven and the sound will stop ...
Walk in faith believing until you see it in your life..

Begin to praise God ... just sing with your heart...joyful joyful praise and He will fill you up ...He will lift you up..He will hide you in His holiness and you will find the sorrows of the past fading away in His presence..
Praise Him and keep on praising Him..major important thing for you to do...

He will take away those sorrows.. they will fade away like a cloth bleaching in the "sonlight" ... be patient with yourself and His work in you..

Praise God you know Him and can come to him and tell Him your battles and know He will work all of this for good..
There is always a purpose in the battle we face..
He is making you stronger He is growing you up He is making you a testimony for the next person who comes along and is battling the same issues you are right now..
You will be able to nurture them and show them how good God is and how He will meet them.. you will know....
He is doing such a good work in you right now..
Let all of this do its job in your heart ..
Praise Him, trust Him, trust His word ...
Your feelings will follow ....I know they will...

Lord Bless this young woman and let the Joy of Your presence fill her heart and mind and bring her into a deeper understanding of who You are and Your desires for her ... assure her and give her confidence that this time will pass and she will know You in a much deeper way...
Joy will come in the morning ..after the darkness has passed..

There is one more Scripture that comes to my heart..
there was a man who was called a "watchman" in the Old Testament ..
He watched from the walls of the city and from the mountaintops and he would tell those who wanted to know if the sun was rising..
I can say to you the sun will rise ... joy will again fill your heart you will feel His love and presence...

Quote:
"Watchman , Watchman , what of the night ..
tell me doth the sun fail..?
Watchman watchman, what of the night..
tell me, doth the night prevail..????

No, the sun doth shine the sun doth shine bringing forth the day..
The sun doth shine the sun doth shine bringing forth the day..

I looked up the Corrie Ten Boom quote and here is the link..

Ringing Bell

This woman's life is an amazing testimony to all who suffer abuse of any kind..

Lord Bless you dear sister...

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Support our Troups!!