Thread: Law and Grace
View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Two more points hopefully more quickly said

1. Things that the law in the Biblical sense of the word law speaks of do have consequences and we need freedom from them in Christ. For example even playing with things that are part of worship of so called other gods, lifestyles of selfishness, or of hate, the whole Deuteronomy catalog can open doors in the spirit ream and have hurting spiritual repercussions. The Holy Spirit can and will show us what these doors are and help us get free in Christ. Problems that persist or seem to be a famiy inheritance often have these kinds of roots. Knowing the law or the Holy Spirit showing it to us can help us see what these r0ots and entanglements are and where they came from. Grace through the power of Christ can make us free from them.

2. There is what some call "ritual abuse" in some cults and some nonchrstian religious practices. This takes many forms from torture to sexual abuse to mutilation and even murder. People who have been victims of such abuse can and do find freedom and healing in Christ. There are people whom the Holy Spirit has taught and empowered especially to minister to victims of such abuse. When I have heard both victims and helpers speak of these situations it seems that the keys to freedom lie in seeing the abuse as abuse and wrong and asking Christ to deliver and heal and from then on focusing in Christ and not on the abuse. It seems to me that the same would be true of the abuse oif reigious legaism. What do you think?
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com