View Single Post
Old 04-15-17, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
For reasons I don't understand spring seems to bring a lot of tries at suicide at least in this area. Spring is not the only time but it seems to be a pattern. How can we help. What can we as individuals and perhaps as a group of Christians do to help make people less vulnerable to this?
Suicides "Peak" in the Late fall/Spring (not at Christmas as some folks believe) as a statistic.

The reason I didn't kill myself as a 'teen back in the late '50s / early '60s was largely something that my Aunt Martha told me. She said, that while she understood my despair, I should bear in mind that Christians "Get to forget" -

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

BUT since I wasn't a Christian (at the time) If I "offed myself", then I would be frozen for eternity in the agony that caused me to take my life to begin with.

Whether that's a "scripturally supportable Argument" or not isn't important. The very THOUGHT of such a thing kept me alive until 1963, when I was Born again, and while I'm still a "Clinical depressive", I'm not suicidal any more.