View Single Post
Old 07-02-15, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to ilj These are times when anyone could be afraid. So much is happening and we hear so much more of it and TV and net seem to want to make things bigger badder and more sensational. There is a Bible verse that has helped me for a long time. It is John 16:33. Jesus told his disciple and told us "In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world." Another one is the last part of Matthew 28:20 where Jesus promises "lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." In Psalms it says God is our defense. Proverbs 18:10 says "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Have you run into that tower? You can do that by asking Jesus to be your Savior. If you have never given yourself to Him and received salvation today is a great time to do it. You know we have all done things that are not perfect, things that were just plain wrong. The Bible calls them sins and says they separate us from God and His protection. We can't fix them on our own. You know that already. Jesus came to do for us what we can't do for ourselves, make us free from sin and it's penalty. He died to take our punishment, everybody's punishment and He rose again to prove that God accepted His sacrifice for us and that His love for us and His righteousness is stronger than death. A lot of people sort of vaguely know this but they have never done anything about it so it doesn't do them an good. That is kind of like knowing someone gave you a new car and never driving it so it doesn't get you anywhere. Each of us has to receive forgiveness and salvation for ourselves. You have already taken the first step in saying you are afraid and can't fix it on your own. You may want to pray now something like "Jesus I am afraid of a lot of things. I need help. I know that the things I have done wrong make a wall between me and God's help. I know You died to take away that wall and make me free from sin. Please come into my heart and do that for me now. I want to belong to you and be safe." Or yo may need to learn more about Jesus and His love. A good place to do that is in the Bible especially John and Matthew. If you don't have a Bible handy or you like reading in line better here are the links http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible...=Jhn&c=1&t=KJV and http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible...=Mat&c=1&t=KJV

Please post back and let us know when you ask Jesus to be your Savior and please feel free to come back and ask more questions before or after that. God bless you.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com