View Single Post
Old 04-25-17, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Whether through this drive, church or community food pantry, or just neighbor to neighbor please help people who need food.

Simple facts: children who are not well nourished (not just stomachs full of Ramen noodles and chips) do less well in school and are more likely to repeat a grade, are sick more often, have more psychological problems, get in trouble more. Malnutrition s a major cause of illness, falls, nursing home placement, and even death for senor citizens. This is something in which we can each make a difference.

If the postal drive is not your thing for some reason please see www.helpingamericans.org/ This is Americans Helping Americans a division of Christian Relief. Every year since 2010 they have sent us (Caring Hands Ministries) food to help hungry children, malnourished elderly folks, veterans struggling to choose between eating and having a place to live and enough turkeys to make Thanksgiving and Christmas a blessing not a time of deprivation for people in 6 counties here. Thanks to AHA Caring Hands has been able to help thousands of children, senior citizens, disabled veterans, and others to have food to stay healthy. Please check out food n the bus at this site. It's not our program but it is a great idea. If the children can't come get food in the months when school is out the food comes to them. Food needs are year round so you can help whenever you want. AHA also helps with heat, coats, shoes, rent, school supplies and so much more.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com