Thread: Changes
View Single Post
Old 09-28-16, 11:42 AM
Administrator

A bit of history because understanding how we got where we are today may help us get where we would rather be. At one point ilj was one of the most active Christian sites on net, There were man different board and a lot of very free discussion. They were also a hangout for teen and collage age people. Discussions got lively but were generally not malicious. Around 2002 we were hit hard with trolls and others who frankly said they wanted to destroy the Christian message here. The attacks were not only doctrinal they were very ugly personal accusations against both regular members and religious leaders. These attacks were ugly enough so that at east 2 seriously considered legal action. A few things were tried to being things back to a more civil state, The site owners frankly said that if this continues there would be no more ilj something I and some others did not want to have happen. There were any tears and many prayers. Site owners agreed that he boards could continue with some fairly strict rules but by then they themselves were badly injured by things that had happened here and in the net while became less and less involved. One rule was no debate. I was a varsity debater in college so that was not my favorite rule however there never was a no discussion rule nor a this topic is off limits rule except what you now see in terms of service (no advocating for things the Bible says God hates) but some felt that nothing could be said if someone might disagree. That is not accurate. Policy has always been disagree without being disagreeable.

The boards continued but considerable damage was done. The troll types were banned but not before a lot of those who were seeking peaceable Christian fellowship decided this was not the place for them. Others sought places like Facebook as a more comfortable and sometimes more diverse gathering place. Fewer participating members meant that some boards could go weeks with no posts, To avoid the dead and decaying impression I believe that made some boards were combined and condensed however these can be reopened or new boards created t any time there is interest enough.

The registration closed thing at the top of the board is a specific ouch to me but like a power company ditch across the driveway we need to find a way to live around it and still get where we want to go. I do not have editing codes to remove it and the one site owner I can reach does not either.

So that's how we got where we are. Now how do we get where we want to be? More diverse boards yes for sure as soon as there are live bodies to populate them. Inviting friends please please do and when you find ways that get response please share then with the rest of us. Starting topics you know are hot to your friends and then inviting then may work. What else? Specific hows???? and thank you each for being here and caring.
1Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. ... Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:40 & 45

www.caringhandsministries.com